Chapter 26

I stared at her silhouette as she walked around her room to get food for Keisuke. He was purring already.

'I have to talk to her.' I thought as I laid my hands on the door.

'Baji-San'!

I gasped and turned to see Chifuyu running towards me.

'Baji-San' where did you go? I was looking for you!' Chifuyu huffed for air after running after me. I have turned around only for the door to shut abruptly hitting my forehead. I took a couple of steps back rubbing the area. 'Chifuyu. Why the fuck do you always have bad timing!' I growled.

'Who was that?' He asked staring at the closed door.

'Y/N.'

Chifuyu's headshot in my direction with utter disbelief. 'What?!'

'I need to get in there,' I said taking an attempt to crush down the door but Chifuyu stopped me.

'You can't do that...arrghh' he struggled against me.

'Let me go, move!' I almost threw him across the hall. My palm banged on the door. 'Y/N I need to talk to you! Open the door!' I thumped harder. 'I need answers Y/N! Y/N!! Open the fucking door!' I was going to break it down until I felt some strong-arm travel under my shoulders and jammed my hand movement.

'Baji, stop it,' Mikey confided.

'I need to get to her.' I kicked the door but Mikey was too strong for me. He almost dragged me from that door. 'I need to talk to her Mikey! Leave me asshole!'

'Baji, this is not how you do things.' He said sternly.

He is right and I know that. This is not how we are supposed to do things. I don't know what took over me when I saw her fragile figure. I calmed down under Mikey's grip and removed my arms. Taking a few deep breaths I walked to the elevator.

'Baji-San wait!' Chifuyu scream but the doors were already closed. I stood there, bowing my head, trying to think not to think. The shock didn't wear off yet. I just need to get out of here.

Y/N' POV

'It's your dinner time already Keisuke?' I asked the purring cat who was nipping on my feet. 'Let me bring your favourite one.' I took his bowl and walked over to get some food.

'Baji-San where have you been,' I heard a faint voice out of my room. I glanced at my door. It was him. His hair dangling down the side of his face, his hazel bronzy-brown eyes, his jawline, his fangs peeping out of his mouth. I couldn't look away. My mind, my eyes, my heart, they were starving for a sight of him. I starved them and now I couldn't get enough of Baji. I would occasionally stop by his shop and sit across the road seeing him running around. Have fun. I would follow him on trips, especially when I learned he finally came out of his house. I didn't dare to go near his house. I stayed in the city, waited for him in front of his shop. He would come by asking if I needed help. I just couldn't lookup. I couldn't face him.

A sudden instinct kicked in and I ran slamming the door on his face. He was so close. So close. My breath got heavier. I couldn't breathe. All the commotion outside.

'Stop.'

I fell on my knees, scratching my chest. Air. I need air. I tried to call Hanma but by that time, I was out.

-----------

Baji's POV

I lay on my couch with a horrible hangover. Having to be sober for over a year and then just chugging anything I find, yeah not doing that shit again. I took my phone and stared at 37 miss calls from Chifuyu and some from the boys.

'Huh,' I sighed. I might take a day off. I tossed my phone on the couch and went to take a shower. Staring at the bathroom mirror I pitied myself. I lost my shit yesterday. 'Let me take a shower.' I said to my reflection. After the shower, I head over to the kitchen to get some coffee.

~thud~thud~thud~

'Baji-San'. I turned around to look at the muffled noise coming from my backward. I walked over to let the blondie in.

'I called you over 100 times.'

'37 Chifuyu.'

'Whatever. Why the fuck won't you pick u....mmmmmmmmm' I stuffed a muffin inside Chifuyu's mouth to shut him up a little. My head was already throbbing. I walked over to the kitchen to get him some coffee while he ran to get some water before he choked and died on me.

'Ughh...hah...hah...Why did you...'

'Chifuyu, I'm trying to have a quiet time. Shut up for once.'

He sighed as he took the coffee cup from my hand. 'Will you be able to stay sober? Especially after yesterday?' He asked as we walked over to the couch.

'I don't know. We will just have to see I guess.'

'So what now?' He asked leaning his head on the couch. Yeah. What now? How will I get to talk to her? How will I contact her?

'Are thinking of bringing her back?'

I smiled at his question.

'Baji-San' she is married!'

'Chifuyu quit yelling.' I growled holding my head in my hand. 'Even if I do, that will give Kisaki a reason to battle us.' Chifuyu's eyes widened with my answer.

'We can't do that to her Baji-San'! We can't use her or drag her. She is probably trying to protect you, the reason why she is preventing any conflict between Toman and Tenjiku or probably she....she has nothing to do with it! She is probably just a victim to Kisaki's game.'

'So WHAT! Do I look like I care! She LEFT me. She cheated on me!' I hissed at him.' We don't need any pity or mercy or PROTECTION. ESPECIALLY. FROM. HER!' I spat angrily. His eyes filled with disbelief. I feel no different than him. I'm am shocked by what I just said. All these emotions just overtook me day by day and seeing her really threw me over the edge. I don't want to hurt her. I don't want to involve her in this. I just. Just. Want to see her. Hold her hand. Ask her what happened. Embrace her.

She is my 'forever'.