03. an aging potion!

┌─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┐

MISCHIEF MANAGED
- AN AGING POTION!

└─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┘

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.✧ .* :☆゚. ───

The fifth year girls Hufflepuff dormitory was a little rowdier than usual as they all scrambled around to prepare for the first day of classes. Clothes were tossed around all over the place, books and parchment were lying around and the scent of 4 different perfumes filled their nostrils while they all got ready for the day. The group talked and caught up with each other all night that they lost track of time and ended up sleeping extremely late which resulted to them waking up a few minutes before breakfast time ended.

Lyla was able to leave the Hufflepuff basement along with Aurora Ellis, one of her most trusted friends in both her house and at Hogwarts. The two girls made their way to their next class which was Potions, already dreading the wrath of Professor Snape and the embarrassment of having to stand infront of all the students while their teacher gives them a small lecture.

"Merlin, why does this castle have to be so big?!" the blonde managed to get out through all the panting from having to run from the dormitory to the classroom while carrying a heavy bag full of books for their lessons.

They reached the door leading to the Potions lab and Lyla moved closer towards it, pressing her ear onto the wood as she tried to listen to what was going on in the room. The brunette cursed under her breath when she heard the nasal voice of their teacher already discussing his lesson.

"Who goes in first? Me or you?" Aurora asked, her voice trembling a little in what seemed to be nervousness.

"Let's go in together."

Before her friend could even protest, she was already opening the door to reveal the faces of students who were all staring at the two Hufflepuffs as if they came in and announced that they murdered their headmaster or something. Lyla held her chin up high despite her legs feeling wobbly and Aurora was trying not to squirm underneath the many pairs of eyes looking at them, including their annoyed Potions teacher.

"Would you like to enlighten us on why you both decided to barge into the classroom in the middle of my lecture?" Snape's voice practically echoed and bounced of the walls inside the awfully quiet room.

Lyla cleared her throat. "We apologize, sir. We overslept and lost track of time."

"You both will be receiving seperate detentions and have 20 points taken away from your house." Snape's eyes diverted to Lyla.

"You," — He pointed a finger towards the brown haired girl — "will go to this very classroom to clean the cauldrons without your wand after your last class.