19. help me understand

┌─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┐

MISCHIEF MANAGED
— HELP ME UNDERSTAND

└─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┘

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.✧ .* :☆゚. ───

After Lyla finished her meal rather quickly, she walked out of the doors and left the Great Hall, heading over to her destination. She may or may not have snuck a glance towards the Gryffindor table to notice that the Weasley twins were nowhere to be seen and that made her heart beat a little faster. Fred was really waiting for her and they were going to talk for the first time after their argument. On her way, she saw Ross appear, walking with his head down and his hands in his pockets. She smiled slightly, waving at him but frowned when he just merely looked up and met her eyes before he tore them away, continuing to walk past her. Maybe he was in a bad mood.

Exiting the Entrance Hall which was filled with only a couple of students as everybody else were still eating dinner, she was dreadfully walking by the Quad. Her brown eyes inspected every space and corner, looking for a certain redhead.

"He could've been more specific," she muttered to herself bitterly, turning another corner.

Once a few moments have passed with her walking around, she quietly groaned under her breath when she realized she had been going in circles over and over with no progress of finding Fred whatsoever. Was this some sort of setup?

Her racing thoughts were cut off abruptly when the sound of a stomp echoed down the hallway. Lyla whirled back with her eyes wide in surprise to see nothing. Shrugging, she continued to walk.

The brunette rolled her eyes, internally calling herself an idiot for actually believing he wanted to talk to her. Just as she was about to walk back to her friends or head to her dormitory, she heard a somebody speak.

"Have you spoken with Fury?"

It was Adrian Pucey's voice — anybody could recognize the articulate accent and snobbish tone anywhere. The sound of Ross' surname escaping his lips immediately caught Lyla's attention. She walked closer to the intersection of the hallways and discreetly peaked her head out of the corner to see the blond tapping his foot impatiently as he stood infront of Warrington and Montague.

Almost as if he could sense somebody watching, Adrian's head looked towards Lyla's direction and she brought her head back and leaned her body against the wall at a record breaking speed.

The Slytherin eyed the area a little longer suspiciously before turning back when Montague answered, "We did, Pucey."

"And?" Adrian demanded sternly.

"He said he'll try to get it done by the end of the month," said Warrington.

Lyla heard Adrian laugh mockingly, "Tell him that he's got a week left."