09. let the date hunting commence

┌─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┐

MISCHIEF MANAGED
- LET THE DATE HUNTING COMMENCE

└─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┘

─── · 。゚☆: *

─── · 。゚☆: *.✧ .* :☆゚. ───

It was a rather chilly day when Lyla walked through the doors of the Transfiguration classroom. After all, the only things you can expect from December weather are long nights and cold days. Today was the second day of the little bet Aurora suggested and nobody has been asked to the Yule Ball yet, much to everyone's delight. The five girls were competitive and they were willing to do almost anything just so that they wouldn't have to do the loser's penalties.

"I'm baffled, really," Aurora huffed as she absentmindedly linked her arm with Lyla's while they walked to the Great Hall, "Cole had the perfect shot to ask me to the ball and he ditched it completely!"

"Did you ever think that maybe it was because McGonagall was practically shooting daggers at you two during the lesson?" Lyla hinted to her oblivious best friend.

She watched as the blonde's face fell down in realization. "Oh... you're right."

As they turned a corner in the busy hall, they found a group of three girls from Hogwarts and three Durmstrang boys facing each other. Aurora looked at them in complete jealously while Lyla eyed the group in boredom as they watched the boy in the middle ask the Ravenclaw girl to the Yule Ball. He kissed her hand when she nodded before the three guys bowed and walked away.

Lyla heard Aurora sigh as they walked. "You know, if you're so desperate for a date, why don't you ask someone instead of waiting for someone to ask you?" the brunette suggested.

Aurora's eyes widened in horror. "Oh bloody hell, no! I don't have enough courage for that..." She blushed in embarrassment, realizing that the boys in their school probably felt the same way.

Minutes later, they were about to enter the Great Hall when Lily suddenly approached them looking as if she ran a whole marathon. "Guys, guys, guys!" she panted out, resting her hands on her knees as she tried to catch her breath.

Both of them stood there frozen as they waited for their roommate to continue.

"You'll never guess who just got a date to the Yule Ball," Lily managed to get out before continuing to breathe heavily once again, leaving the pair of best friends on the edge. Did one of the girls get asked to the ball already?

"Well? Are you waiting for the grass to grow? Spill!" Aurora demanded impatiently.

"Wait —" She brushed her brown locks out of her face before she stood up straight. Lily walked towards Lyla and gripped her shoulders. "Diggory..." she began. "Your brother has a date!"