21. the second task

┌─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┐

MISCHIEF MANAGED
— THE SECOND TASK

└─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┘

 ─── · 。゚☆: *

─── · 。゚☆: *.✧ .* :☆゚. ───

The bright blue sky spread across the earth like a blanket. The sun shined rather brightly as Lyla and Fred sat under a large tree near the Black Lake, the cold breeze hitting their cheeks and blowing the hair out of their faces as their backs rested on top of the tree bark. A few school textbooks were sprawled on top of the narrow and green grass, considering she had been revising for her O.W.L's which were growing closer and closer as each day past and he decided to help her since he took his exams just last year.

Lyla eventually grew tired of studying so she decided to ditch her examinationn revision and he gladly agreed. After all, he did pick her up from her common room and take her outside with the intention of spending time with her before the second task of the Triwizard Tournaments. 

Now, she found herself enthusiastically blabbing about an interesting book she started to read, growing more excited when she realized her boyfriend was constantly nodding in interest.

"So, the main character's name is Akilah and she lives in a—you know, this dystopian and futuristic planet which I forgot the name of," Lyla explained, her focus burning into her book. She huffed before continuing, "Anyway! One day, she gets cornered in an alleyway by some thief and they take away her satchel. But suddenly, they stab her abdomen! So now she has a really deep cut!"

Fred winced, crinkling his nose while he hissed as if he could feel the character's pain. "That must've hurt like a bitch."

The brunette nodded, her gaze meeting Fred's. He noticed that her eyes were a lot more brighter when under the sun. Instead of their normal deep and dark colour, her irises were a rich shade of light brown, almost having a red-ish tint to it. To be quite honest, he never really noticed how pretty brown eyes were until he looked into hers. 

His attention snapped back into reality when she continued talking about her novel. "Yeah, so Akilah goes home to her girlfriend named Dawn so she could treat her wounds since she used to be a nurse. When Dawn checks, instead of seeing bone and muscle, she sees wires." 

Fred's mouth dropped open in shock. "Wait—so, she's a robot?" he exclaimed, smacking his hand on top of his forehead.

"I guess? I still need to read the next one," she replied, flipping through the crisp pages of her book. "I'm only on the first chapter so..."

"Mhm, it's alright," he hummed, sensing Lyla shiver when a particularly cold gust of wing ran along the air. To keep her warm, he gently placed his hand on top of her arm to pull her closer to his body, feeling her head fall on top of his shoulder. "Do tell me about what happens though. I'm quite fond of that story of yours."