27. time for examinations

┌─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┐

TIME FOR EXAMINATIONS
— MISCHIEF MANAGED

└─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┘

─── · 。゚☆: *

─── · 。゚☆: *.✧ .* :☆゚. ───

"I genuinely think our teachers are trying to murder us — indirectly," Aurora groaned, bowing her head down and pulling on her blonde hair strands in frustration. She, along with Fae and Lyla, were studying in the library. They sat down by a table, books of all subjects topped in piles surrounding them. "Why would Snape assign us an essay on antidotes during revision week?!"

June rolled around quicker than Lyla had expected. It seemed just like yesterday when she and her friends were celebrating her boyfriend's birthday in the Gryffindor tower. Hectic was the way to describe her month so far. Many plans were ahead of her. Their exams were just around the corner, which she dreaded greatly, and the third task was in a couple of weeks as well.

"It is insane," Fae agreed with a frown on her face. "I still have one more foot of parchment left! I don't think I'm even close to finished."

"If you aren't closed to finishing, then I'm never finishing," Lyla complained, glaring at the words of her essay which she only started the night before. One of the negative habits she had yet to get rid off was procrastinating — and by procrastinating, that meant passing assignments the moment it is due or even moments after the deadline. Because she was such a nice student and many teachers liked her, they usually accepted them after lightly scolding her.

However, this was a Potions assignment, and Professor Snape was probably the vilest man she ever knew.

"You could copy off of my essay, if you'd like?" Aurora suggested brightly, pushing her work towards her best friend. "Just make sure to change the words and such. Otherwise, Snape will fail us both."

Lyla smiled lazily, stretching her arms onto the table. "What would I do without you?"

The blonde scoffed, her striking blue eyes diverting from Lyla's brown ones to her opened Defense Against The Dark Arts book. "Probably be miserable," she mumbled teasingly, causing Lyla to shoot her a small glare while she continued, "Now, you do that while I start my revision for DADA, yes?"

"Yeah, yeah. Fine," Lyla droned boredly. Her left wrist was already aching from writing and even though she did not have to come up with her own words anymore, the brunette was dreading the mere thought of having to continue dragging her quill across the parchment.

As she continued writing, her ink would sometimes run out in the middle of her drawing a letter. It caused her to grumble underneath her breath. Sometimes, she wished the ink spread all over the tip of the quill was permanently there. Having to constantly dip her quill in the ink pod was annoying.