24. seriously!? fireworks!?

┌─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┐

MISCHIEF MANAGED
— SERIOUSLY!? FIREWORKS!?

└─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┘

─── · 。゚☆: *

─── · 。゚☆: *.✧ .* :☆゚. ───

"Would you like to tell me what happened now?"

The soft sound of Fred's voice quickly snapped Lyla back into reality. She had been spacing out as she sat on the ground of the Astronomy Tower, feeling the cold wind dry her tear stained cheeks. He had been kind enough to let her calm down and he had done more than a great job at it—hugging her close and whispering gentle words.

But the memories of Ross haunted her already. If she closed her eyes, she'd be able to feel his fingers digging into her skin or feeling his hot breath against her face. It terrified her.

She inhaled deeply. "Fury and I got into an argument. He found me in the hallway while doing his prefect rounds. The fight got intense and—" she paused, swallowing thickly. "You already know."

"How far did he get?" Fred asked lowly, his voice sounding like he was seconds away from marching back down to Ross and breaking every single bone in his body.

"He didn't touch me... in places I didn't want him to touch." Lyla shivered. "He didn't kiss me either. But it was — it was so scary. I don't want to dwell upon what could've happened if you didn't find me on time—"

"Hush." Wrapping a secure arm around her torso, he brought her closer and allowed her to rest her head on her shoulder. "You don't need to explain everything, darling. Just take your time."

Lyla indeed took her time.

She just wanted to heal.

She didn't feel the need to tell her friends or her brother about what happened just yet. Deep inside, she just didn't want it to be a burden to them more than it already was for her. Fred was the only one who knew and it stayed that way.

He tried to convince her that they should inform a teacher, most likely Ross' Head of House, but Lyla convinced him multiple times that she wasn't ready for anybody to know. Instead, Fred later on respected her wishes and resorted to sending the dirtiest glares whenever he was in the same room as Ross, causing the boy to shudder and turn the other way.

Then Friday arrived and Lyla had to go to detention.

The brunette dreadfully walked into Professor Flitwick's classroom after her last class of that day, her feet lazily dragging along the floor as her head was slumped down.

"Good afternoon, Miss Diggory," the short man greeted with a pursed lips.

"Good afternoon, sir." Lyla struggled to send a smile back. She had just left her History of Magic class and nearly fell asleep during the lecture multiple times.