35. back to hogwarts

┌─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┐

MISCHIEF MANAGED
— BACK TO HOGWARTS

└─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┘

not proofread!! + please read author's note <3

─── · 。゚☆: *.✧ .* :☆゚. ───

"I honestly hate you guys right now."

Fred and Lyla continued laughing, leaning onto one another as they smacked each other. They'd just entered the Hogwarts Express and whilst they'd been boarding, George accidentally slipped on his way, causing him to run into a pair of first years who left the scene crying their eyes out despite George's multiple apologies.

Now that she was going to be returning to Hogwarts for her sixth year, she never thought she'd miss 12 Grimmauld Place. The last two weeks there were some of the best she'd ever spent in her entire summer. It was unbelievably fun even though adults from the Order were crawling around the place. The kids played logames, snuck around the house into eavesdrop on meetings and fooled around with the Weasley twins' joke products.

At one point, they even spoke to some portraits and learned a few things about the Black family — some pieces of information were quite disturbing to say the least.

However, in those two weeks with Fred and Lyla in the same house, she never plucked up the courage to open up to him about her newfound... abilities. Everything to it seemed so bizarre and she feared that if she told him, he'd see her differently — she doubted that possibility but still did not want to take any risks.

"Stop laughing!" George groaned in annoyance, plopping himself down onto the seat in front of the laughing pair.

"It was too funny," Fred cackled, throwing his head back with a huge grin. "I wish I brought a camera or something, to capture the moment."

That made Lyla think of an idea. "Fred, Fred, Fred," she called his name as she tapped his arm repeatedly.

"What, what, what?"

"We could use Dumbledore's Pensieve or something," Lyla wheezed out in between her breathless laughs, her upper body flying forward as she smacked her thigh. "Try to cry! Go on! So we can later sneak into the old man's office!"

"Why should I?" Fred lifted his finger to point at her cheek. "You already got a couple of tears running down your face!"

Lyla's eyes widened at that. "Get a vial, get a vial!"

Fred's hands flew to his bag, beginning to dig through all the items with laughs still tumbling from both his and Lyla's mouths. He pulled a small glass vial from one of his bag's pockets and handed it to her. They giggled uncontrollably as she attempted to get some tears into the vial.