26. a night in the gryffindor tower

┌─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┐

A NIGHT IN THE GRYFFINDOR TOWER
— MISCHIEF MANAGED

└─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┘

─── · 。゚☆: *

─── · 。゚☆: *.✧ .* :☆゚. ───

The loud and booming music rang against their ears and caused the walls and floor of the Gryffindor common room to vibrate with each beat, bodies dancing around together. Now that more time has passed and the news of the twins holding a party spread as soon as it started, students from other houses were around as well — except for the Slytherins, obviously. Lyla felt Fred's arm tighten around her waist protectively as they made their way towards the couches.

George was up ahead, trying to look for their other friends. It wasn't too hard to spot him though — his head of ginger hair stood out amongst the rest and he (along with Cedric and Fred) was one of the tallest students in Hogwarts.

"Guys, over here!" Lee's voice yelled over the music.

Lyla craned her head, spotting him and the rest of their friends as well as Cedric chatting by the fireplace. They got themselves their own empty cups, probably assuming that the twins went up to get bottles of Firewhiskey. Her brother didn't have to know that though.

Once his grey eyes landed on his sister, Cedric shot up from his seat and walked over to her. "Lyla," he breathed, looking positively relieved yet exhausted. "Thank Merlin you're here. I don't know how you manage to hang out with Jordan all the time. He's way too much."

Lee frowned, standing by him. "No, I'm not," he protested, the sound of his voice causing Cedric to flinch away.

"What the — See?! This is what I mean!" Cedric shrieked, pointing at himself then to Lee. "He pops out of nowhere and scares the bloody hell out of me!"

Lyla simply laughed it off, about to walk past her brother but paused to pat his shoulder and respond playfully, "Ced, just live a little bit. Lee isn't too much. Maybe you're just boring."

Cedric's mouth fell open. "Wha — How dare you?! I am a Triwizard Champion, how is that boring —"

"Diggory man, does the Triwizard Tournament make up your entire personality or something?" George joked, swinging a shoulder around a fuming Cedric.

"Let loose a little, mate," Fred added, nudging Cedric's side with his elbow. "It's your sister's boyfriend's birthday."

George loudly cleared his throat. "I think what our dearest Freddie is trying to say is that it is the birthday of your sister's favourite pair of twins, yes?" he corrected, raising a suggestive brow.