12. let's get out of here

┌─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┐

MISCHIEF MANAGED
— LET'S GET OUT OF HERE

└─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┘

 ─── · 。゚☆: *

─── · 。゚☆: *.✧ .* :☆゚. ───

The rest of the evening went on surprisingly smooth. Lyla joined Fred and the Gryffindors when the teachers brought them to eat but their table was right in front of where Aurora and her other friends sat so she was able to converse with them over their meals as well, much to her delight as she didn't want her roommates to think that she was ditching them. She just wanted a new change of scenery and she saw nothing bad about that and she was thankful that they didn't either.

The Weasley twins were both quite excited when Dumbledore demonstrated how they can order food by simply calling out the name of the dish they wanted and had it magically appear right before them. They ordered all the things they craved and by the time dinner was over, they were stuffed, leaning over each other and rubbing their stomachs.

The red house obviously couldn't be as loud as they were on regular days as it was a formal event but a whole ton of laughs were exchanged and the situation became a lot funnier when everyone around the table was trying to stop themselves from bursting into laughter, their faces growing red and tears threatening to fall from their eyes. It all started when Seamus Finnigan burped a little too loud, causing the beverage Dean Thomas was drinking to go through his nostrils.

Now, all the students from Hogwarts, Durmstrang and Beauxbatons were dancing near the stage where a really popular band called the Weird Sisters were performing some of their greatest hits. Lyla just knew that Cedric was trying not to lose his mind since he was a huge fan and even had a couple of posters of them hung up in his room and her predictions were right — he was dancing with Cho.

His slightly gelled back hair was now pointing towards different directions and he took off his robe and bow tie, leaving a few buttons on his dress shirt undone.

"Can you dance like a Hippogriff!?" Fred yelled to the lyrics, putting his hands up in the air and jumping like everyone around them. He seemed to like this song a lot since he barely had time to converse with Lyla ever since the band started playing the intro of "Do the Hippogriff."

However, Lyla was not annoyed with it since she enjoyed the tune as much as he did, singing along with him as she danced. "Flyin' off from a cliff!" she sang and did a few disco moves she saw on what the Muggles called a television when her family visited London for the first time and Fred let out an "ooh!" in interest, copying her movements.

As they danced, Lyla felt Fred's hand capture hers and held it up, gesturing for her to twirl. She did so, releasing a delighted laugh and the ginger haired boy cheered for her. Everybody was drunk in this everlasting feeling of euphoria and it was nothing they have ever experienced before. She did not want it to end.