05. triwizard champions

┌─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┐

MISCHIEF MANAGED
— TRIWIZARD CHAMPIONS

└─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┘

 ─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.✧ .* :☆゚. ───

"Lyla? Are you alright?"

She was snapped out of her thoughts when Aurora lightly placed a hand on her shoulder, snapping her out of her thoughts. All the students from Hogwarts, Beauxbatons and Durmstrang were gathered in the Great Hall for the Triwizard Tournament Champion selection and Lyla was a nervous wreck, probably even more than the people who put their names in the Goblet of Fire.

She had mixed feelings about her brother signing up for the competition. One side of her wanted to grab Cedric by the shoulders and shake some sense into him, asking him why in the world he decided to try out for something so risky and dangerous. However, the other side of her was proud of him for being so brave and for bringing honor to their house, family and maybe even their school.

In the middle of both sides, that's the part of her that's scared to death. She's heard multiple stories about the past Champions and a few of them weren't so lucky. People get killed in this tournament and she would lose her mind if she lost Cedric.

Lyla cleared her throat. "Yeah, yeah. I'm alright. Why do you ask?"

"Because you've been staring into space for the past 3 minutes," Aurora replied bluntly from where she sat next to Hermione.

Due to the particular occasion, all the 4 houses could sit wherever they wanted to. Most of the Slytherins, however, stuck with themselves. She spotted Adrian earlier who sent her a nasty scowl, sitting in one of the bleachers next to a couple of his own friends.

Being the daring one she was obviously glared back. She was still angry at him for putting chewing gum in his cauldron just to spite her during detention but who could blame her? She was angry at him all the time anyway.

Lyla and Aurora decided to stick with the Gryffindors since the Hufflepuff table was already full, everyone's attention being on Cedric who looked quite nervous. She sat in between Fred (with George next to him) and Harry while Ron, Hermione, Aurora and Neville sat somewhere behind them.

"Give it a break, Lyla." Fred rubbed her back and tried to ease her worries. "I honestly hope Cedric gets chosen. Imagine how cool that would be!"

The brunette huffed. "Yeah, it's all cool and stuff until you realize that after he's selected, he's gonna have to fight through life threatening tasks! Who knows what the tournament holds for him —"

George cut off Lyla's rambling, "Little Diggory, your brother is tougher than he looks. Give him some hope!" He grinned, reaching over his twin to pat her knee.