22. the twenty-sixth of february

┌─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┐

MISCHIEF MANAGED
— THE TWENTY-SIXTH OF FEBRUARY

└─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┘

 ─── · 。゚☆: *

─── · 。゚☆: *.✧ .* :☆゚. ───

"Happy birthday, Lyla!"

The Diggory girl snatched the pillow under her and used it to cover her head of messy locks. All of her roommates were up and about, Aurora bouncing on her heels as she flapped one Lyla's blankets with one hand since the other held a box.

"You seriously need to get up earlier," Nydia shouted from the bathroom.

"It's your special day, Diggory," Lily teased from where she had been brushing her hair on top of her bed. "You're officially sixteen!"

Lyla's eyes snapped open. She was sixteen.

"I'm a year away from being of age!" the brunette exclaimed excitedly, fumbling with her duvet to sit up properly, meeting her best friend's enthusiastic gaze. "This bitch is sixteen!"

"You are sixteen!" Aurora smiled, waving her hands in the air at the same time Fae said, "that bitch is sixteen!"

"How does it feel, huh?" Nydia asked, casting a drying charm onto her hair as she strolled out of the bathroom door. "Being old, I mean."

Lyla gave her a harsh glare before elaborating, "It feels the same, honestly. However, I do feel this sense of maturity now which—"

"Is going to vanish the moment you see your boyfriend—Weasley," Lily finished, smirking when the birthday celebrant turned red. "C'mon, everyone knows you two are the literal human embodiment of 'partners in crime" and 'double trouble.' Don't deny it now."

"Don't get her all flustered now, Villen," Aurora huffed as she rolled her eyes. "It's seven-thirty in the morning! Plus, she has to open her gifts."

"Gifts?" Lyla repeated as she peered up at her, eyes looking wide and innocent.

"Duh," Fae prolonged and looked at her in bewilderment, shoving a box covered in golden wrapping paper into her arms. "Hope you like 'em, Diggory."

Lyla could've sworn that she had some of the greatest friends in the entire universe. She was not the type to grow emotional but her heart was immensely touched. A grin worked its way onto her features when she unboxed Fae's present which was a Muggle film camera and made a mental note to snap lots photos after learning how to use it properly without breaking it. Aurora poured her entire soul into a letter which was accompanied with a necklace which matched with hers—Lyla's had a silver moon pendant while her's had a golden sun. Nydia and Lily decided to team up with combine their gift since, in their words, they were both broke and unorganized. Therefore, they gave her a pretty journal where she could jot down multiple notes and reminders.