33. i'm all ears

┌─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┐

MISCHIEF MANAGED
— I'M ALL EARS

└─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┘

─── · 。゚☆: *

─── · 。゚☆: *.✧ .* :☆゚. ───

"This one's our room."

Fred led Lyla into one of the doors to the right side of the hallway after reaching the third floor of Number twelve Grimmauld Place. It looked a bit similar to the room of Harry and Ron, which they showed her earlier as they were giving her a tour of the house. However, it was a lot messier with multiple piles of clothes sitting in random corners and many odd looking prototypes — joke product prototypes, to be exact.

"Welcome to our new secret lair," George added in mischievously, planting himself onto one of the beds which Lyla assumed was his.

"It's not exactly a secret," Ginny chimed in, rolling her eyes. "You just like to call it that because —"

"Let me breathe for one moment, Ginny," George cut her off, slightly irritated. She must have burst his bubble.

"I see you two have been experimenting," Lyla observed, using her index finger to lift up a small cauldron which was laying on its side.

"You should see the extra room Sirius let them use," Hermione grumbled disapprovingly, crossing her arms over her chest as she stood by the doorframe. "It's even worse in there. And what makes it a million times more agitating is that it's right above our room! We barely get any peace and quiet because of them."

Lyla's eyebrows rose at the new information, tearing her gaze away from Hermione to look at the twins. "You two are working on explosives?"

"Yup," said George, smiling smugly.

"We are," Fred finished.

"Why?" Lyla asked, standing by the edge of Fred's bed. "You two already have a bunch of those."

"Oh, you mean those pathetic little fireworks?" George chuckled, shaking his head.

"What we're making is so much better," Fred insisted, nodding like he was very satisfied.

"Much better," George emphasized, widening his eyes to make their point stronger.

"Should we be... concerned?" Ginny winced from where she sat next to George.

"Who knows?" the twins replied back to their sister in unison, both of their tones sounding awfully suspicious to the three girls.

"You should be concerned," Ron complained, entering the room and standing next to Hermione. He must have overheard their conversation whilst walking up the staircase. "I've listened to what they've been talking about — their plans for this school year. The dimwits are planning on making bigger fireworks."