23. adrian's message

┌─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┐

MISCHIEF MANAGED
— ADRIAN'S MESSAGE

└─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┘

trigger warning: sexual harassment

─── · 。゚☆: *.✧ .* :☆゚. ───

Lyla was exhausted.

The day after her sixteenth birthday, Angelina wanted to make it a habit to practice down by the Quidditch Pitch — not only for the sake of the Diggory girl's, but for her's too. Due to the Triwizard Tournament, the school paused all their activities for the sport so the players barely got any practice and Angelina stated it would be a benefit to train in advance. Once a week, was what the Gryffindor girl said. They would train at least once a week.

The thought of Quidditch did not seem too dreadful but that was until classes resumed. Lyla's O.W.L's were growing closer and closer as each day passed which meant teachers had been pouring an intense amount of homework onto their fifth year students.

"Aw, look at you struggling," Cedric cooed upon seeing his little sister doing her revision by the fireplace.

She was sat on the carpeted floor of the common room with her books and notes sprawled all over the coffee table.

"Shut up," was all she grumbled back, continuing to scribble more information onto her parchment.

"I remember when I was studying for my exams," he sighed, plopping himself down onto the couch behind Lyla and did not miss the small glare she shot at him. "It was so easy. Trust me. You have nothing to worry about—"

"That's so rich coming from you, Cedric. You're probably one of the smartest students in your year," Lyla retorted.

"Hey, the big brain genes have passed down onto you," Cedric insisted as he furrowed his thick eyebrows, leaning forward to get a better glimpse of her. "You better use that book I gave you for your birthday—the one about how to absolutely crush your examinations?"

Lyla scoffed, shifting on the ground to face him properly. "You know, when I told you I wanted books for my birthday, I was referring to the fictional kind."

"Oh, I know," he smirked, bringing a hand to her head and ruffling her hair. "But I figured to get you something useful. Father and I want you to ace your exams — oh, come on now. Don't give me that look. I'll buy you some nice novels over summer, how does that sound?"

"Psh, I doubt you'll remember," Lyla said, plucking a loose thread from the sleeve of her jumper. "If I'm lucky, I reckon I'll get at least three O.W.L's—give or take."

Even if she was certain that she wouldn't get too many O.W.L's, she still studied her arse off.

Aurora huffed, taking a seat next to Nydia who devoured her dinner. "Why are you still studying?"