25. birthday boy

┌─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┐

MISCHIEF MANAGED
— BIRTHDAY BOY

└─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┘

─── · 。゚☆: *

─── · 。゚☆: *.✧ .* :☆゚. ───

"Guess who's throwing a party tonight?!" Fred exclaimed over the chattering that grew upon the Gryffindor table, throwing his arm around his twin and the other up into the air. It was the first of April, hence why the twins were a lot more excited and louder than usual.

They didn't wait for anybody to say anything before George was already answering just as excitedly, "We are!"

"Oh, boy..." Angelina tutted, pushing her finished breakfast plate to the side and folding her arms on top of the table. "The Weasleys throwing a party? That's a combination for a disaster."

"Let them live, Johnson." Lee swung an arm around her and Lyla's shoulder, the two girls jumping in alarm as he'd seemingly popped out of nowhere. He seemed to be doing that a lot nowadays. "It's their birthday. I'm sure you can tolerate their insufferable arses for one day."

"I second that," Lyla agreed, nodding her head as Fred took a seat next to her. "They are insufferable. I honestly don't know how I've tolerated them all the way up until now."

"Hey!" Fred whined, wrapping his arms around hers and leaning his head on Lyla's shoulder. "It's George and I's special day. Insulting us will be illegal for today."

Angelina scoffed, sending him a side-eye glare. "Then send me to Azkaban already, lads. I'm not surviving a day without talking shit about the twins."

Lyla laughed out loud as Fred made a noise of protest and George commented some witty response before taking a seat and facing his twin's girlfriend. "Hey, Little Diggory, give the birthday boy a kiss!"

She scrunched her face as she rapidly shook her head. "Hell no! Why on earth would I kiss you—"

"You're a bloody idiot, Diggory," Lee teased from the side of George. How did he even get there so quickly? Lyla thought inside her head. "He means you have to kiss Fred! Not him!"

Lyla's cheeks heated up as a few of the older Gryffindors that discreetly listened to their conversation agreed loudly. Well, who was she to protest? So, giving into their request, she turned her head, used her hand to cup Fred's jaw and guided his lips towards hers.

The kiss was short and sweet, but it managed to send the Gryffindor table cheering and whistling. After all, students were always looking forward to some interactions between the couples in their school, for some odd reasons which Lyla was too oblivious to know.