14. the blooming

┌─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┐

MISCHIEF MANAGED
— THE BLOOMING

└─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┘

 ─── · 。゚☆: *

─── · 。゚☆: *.✧ .* :☆゚. ───

January swept by like a breeze and before Lyla already knew it, her birth month arrived—February. It was one of the coldest months of the entire year in Scotland so everyone was doing their best in keeping warm. The scarf Cedric gifted her was absolutely perfect for the weather and a couple of students in her house even managed to learn how to knit so a lot of mittens, hats and scarves have been tossed around the Hufflepuff common room and dormitories.

Through out the past few weeks, everything seemed to be going along just greatly. She continued to study a lot to prepare for her O.W.L's, her grades were back on track, sleep schedule going alright and last but not least, her new friendships have been growing stronger. Lyla spent a lot of her time with Fred (and George whenever his twin was not trying to shove him away) working on all kinds of trouble. She was beginning to think differently of him in some sort of way she couldn't decipher.

She supposed that they just got along really well and everything seemed to approach them effortlessly.

Lyla's mood was bright, so when Ross approached her while she studied in the library on a Thursday afternoon, she beamed brightly instead of sending him that awkward smile she always used to give him. "Hi, Ross! What can I do for you?"

"Hey — uhm... do you mind?" The golden-brown haired boy gestured towards the empty seat next to her and settled down when she shook her head. "You see, I've been struggling a little in Herbology and I need some help before my grades start to slip and the last thing I want is to spent my weekends in the greenhouse," he explained in a dreaded tone. "So, can you assist me?"

Her eyebrows shot up. She chuckled to hide her worry — She's never tutored anybody before and only hoped that she would be able to manage teaching somebody. "Well... I'm not the best in the subject but alright."

"Yes! Thank you!" Ross reached behind her and gave a light pat to her shoulder before reaching into his bag to take out his notes and quill. Coincidentally, Lyla already had her own Herbology book out since she was studying that very subject so there was no need to take out his.

"Where do we start?" He narrowed his blue eyes onto the parchment infront of them.

"We're currently learning about the Herbivicus Charm," Lyla recalled the lesson discussed last Monday morning.

"Oh, I already know about those." Ross frowned. "They're noisy, aren't they? Anyway, just try and ask me some questions. If I get them wrong, teach me."