18. clearing things up

┌─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┐

MISCHIEF MANAGED
— CLEARING THINGS UP

└─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┘

 ─── · 。゚☆: *

─── · 。゚☆: *.✧ .* :☆゚. ───

"So? What happened?" Lyla asked as soon as Aurora took a seat next to her during DADA class, leaning towards her friend a little closer to avoid eavesdroppers.

The blonde girl took a deep breath before she began to ramble everything out at a quiet volume, "I approached him before class and I asked him about the bet but when I brought it up, he was like "You really believe that rumor? The Slytherins made that up because I actually refused to take on the bet." I was really shocked," Aurora paused, letting the brunette next to her process everything first. "What do you think?"

"I think..." Lyla furrowed her eyebrows. "What he's saying is true."

Aurora's bright turquoise eyes nearly bugged out of her head at what she was implying. "You're saying we should trust Fury?"

"Maybe we should! I know very well that what Fred told me yesterday was complete and utter rubbish."

"How do we know that?"

Lyla released a heavy breath, blowing a few hair strands out of her face. "Because Fred was trying to make me jealous by flirting with Angelina right?" She watched Aurora nod. "Well, he probably noticed that I decided to give him some payback by spending more time with Ross. I may or may not have made him jealous by doing that so I think Fred came up with a way to make me avoid Ross so that he won't feel jealous anymore."

Aurora simply stared at her for a couple of seconds. "Huh, when you put it like that..."

Lyla glared at the girl beside her. "See? I'm right about it and I know it."

The students all hushed as Professor Moody made his way into the classroom, beginning their lesson for the day. It wasn't practical, thankfully, as Lyla was too lazy to grab her wand and do magic. The teacher just gave his lecture and made them take out their books.

Once class was finished, everybody was dismissed rather grumpily by Mad-Eye and they all walked out into the crowded corridor full of students of different years. It was a chilly February day and the second task was nearing, making Cedric and the other Triwizard champions a little nervous to see what the competition has in store for them.

As Aurora chatted about some Ravenclaw and Slytherin couple from the higher year getting together, Lyla lost her focus as she spotted Fred's head of fire red hair in the crowd, just a few feet in front of her. He walked farther and farther until he was near Angelina who looked behind. The brunette nearly gasped out loud when the Gryffindor girl made eye contact with her before Fred came into their lines of vision and covered their views of each other.