06. a crazy suprise

┌─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┐

MISCHIEF MANAGED
— A CRAZY SUPRISE

└─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┘

 ─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.✧ .* :☆゚. ───

Lyla sat by a concrete windowsill after her last class of the day, silently reading a Muggle novel while students from different years walked around the courtyard from below. She decided to take a break from assisting Cedric in reviewing and practicing spells which could come in handy for the Triwizard Tournament. Despite her older brother rolling in all the glory, he was masking his emotions and was actually a nervous wreck. However, she was quick to put a stop to his worries as soon as he approached her a few days ago back in the Hufflepuff common room.

She silently scanned through the words of her book, eyebrows furrowed in concentration as the story began to grow more and more interesting by the second. She was about to reach the part where the main character finally meets the love of her life when a finger gently tapped her shoulder.

She slightly pouted, desperate to continue reading but the urge suddenly faded away when she turned around and saw Fred Weasley who wore a cheeky grin on his face.

"G'day, Lyla!" he chirped, walking past her and taking a seat infront of the girl. His arm rested on top of his bent up knee and his other leg dangled from the side of the windowsill.

"Well..." Lyla slightly smirked, closing her book and placing it onto her lap. "It was a good day until your irksome arse decided to come in and disturb my little reading session."

Her words made Fred gasp jokingly, placing a hand on his chest as he pretended to look offended. "How dare you? Anybody would be lucky to be in the presence of the Fred Weasley, you ungrateful ickle swine!"

She copied Fred's actions even more dramatically, trying her hardest to not laugh. "How dare you! Take that back or I'll throw all your joke products into the Black Lake!"

Her lips slightly tugged upwards when she saw his eyes widen in horror.

The redhead was quick to recover as his terrified expression morphed into a smug look. "Oh please, you literally helped George and I in making some of those stuff," he said. Fred crossed his arms over his robe clad chest. "Plus, we can always make some more so you'll just be wasting your time trying to get rid of all our work."

Dang it, he has a point, she thought.

Lyla huffed, "Whatever helps you sleep at night, Weasley."

They both hardly glared at each other but their staring contest soon came to an end when Fred bursted out into a fit of cackles, Lyla following as she could no longer contain her laughter. Their laughs slightly echoed through out the hall, earning a couple of looks from a group of third years but they couldn't care less.