32. 12 grimmauld place

┌─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┐

MISCHIEF MANAGED
— 12 GRIMMAULD PLACE

└─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┘

─── · 。゚☆: *

─── · 。゚☆: *.✧ .* :☆゚. ───

The chilly August air blew Lyla's dark brown locks away from her face as she stood outside of her house. She watched the long blades of grass sway and dance with the wind as she waited patiently, her trunk right next to her. Her Weasley jumper provided her the warmth the sun failed to give despite it shining down the land brightly.

She'd just had a ten minute call with Fred that consisted of four events; her informing him that she could stay at 12 Grimmauld Place, him losing his mind from excitement, her having to calm him down and them discussing how she was going to get there.

After multiple confirmations, they finally agreed on a plan.

Luckily, her father agreed on everything after she told him what they were going to do. He nodded and mumbled like he always did. Amos made sure to say his goodbyes and hug her before she left the house, of course. He looked a little more happy then.

Though, a part of her wished to stay. She wanted to take care of him. It broke her heart knowing that after two months, she'd be leaving him all alone again. But, he insisted when she brought up the fact that she felt guilty.

A small bittersweet chuckle escaped her lips when she thought about Cedric. He would've gotten so strict with her if he found out she'd be staying with her boyfriend over the summer. Lyla always used to hate it whenever he got protective, but now she missed that too.

She could already imagine him saying something like, "Why would you wanna hang out with him over the summer? You're gonna see him every day when we get back to school!"

Cedric.

Lyla wasn't sure how her friends were going to act around her after what happened during the third task. She wasn't even sure how she was gonna act. Surely, she wouldn't be able to mope around in grief all day long once she arrived at 12 Grimmauld Place. For Merlin's sake, she had to keep a good image.

It was gonna be hard to conceal her true emotions, to act like everything was normal again, because she truly knew that without Cedric, things would never be the same.

However, the universe didn't give her any other options. She just had to bottle everything up.

Suddenly, there was a loud crack in the air. Lyla released a yelp as she backed away, gripping her wand tightly to point it towards the direction where the noise came from. Her eyes were squeezed shut for a moment, but when she peeled them back open, she was staring at somebody she missed so dearly.