04. matching beards

┌─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┐

MISCHIEF MANAGED
— MATCHING BEARDS

└─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┘

 ─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.✧ .* :☆゚. ───

The Goblet of Fire has been the talk of the school for the past few days and students have been gossiping non-stop, placing their bets on who's going to be picked as the Triwizard Champion for Hogwarts. Nothing big has happened yet and the twins still have not put their aging potions to use. The teachers have already placed the huge goblet in the middle of one of the many rooms in the castle and Aurora was way too eager to see it for herself but refused to go alone so she dragged Lyla along with her during their free period together, seeing as they had nothing better to do besides their neglected Transfiguration essay.

The duo made their way into the chamber, the flames of the goblet lighting the room in different shades of blue as people hung around, gawking at the object. Some older years entered the Age Line surrounding magical item and placed put their names into the Goblet of Fire. A couple of Durmstrang boys and Beauxbatons girls did as well.

"Blimey..." Lyla muttered under her breath, "That looks wicked, I'll have to admit."

"It really does," Aurora agreed, grabbing her friend's hand as they slowly made their way towards the bleachers. "I seriously wonder who's going to be chosen for our school. Hopefully, somebody worthy of eternal glory and all."

The girls were walking when they saw Hermione Granger in her own little world, her eyes scanning the many words inside the book she was holding.

"'Mione!" They both beamed at the Gryffindor girl in the year below who jumped at the call of her name.

"Lyla! Aurora! What brings you two here?" Hermione smiled delightfully, placing her bookmark into the pages of her novel and closing it on her lap.

"Well, Rora was way too excited about this whole "Goblet of Fire" thing going on so she dragged me over here." Lyla jokingly glared at her housemate, crossing her arms over her chest.

Aurora mimicked her actions, her lips tugging upwards into a teasing grin. "And you allowed me to drag you all the way here, so who's fault is it really?"

"Still yours," Lyla chirped, taking a seat next to Hermione as Aurora sat on the bleacher behind them. "How about you, Hermione?"

"Just like you, I was forced to be here because of those two idiots over there." Hermione pointed to Harry and Ron, who were too occupied in admiring the goblet. "They have been going on and on about Eternal Glory for ages. I mean, what's so special about that?" She scrunched her face up, now diverting her eyes to look at the two Hufflepuffs.