08. dress robes? for what?

┌─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┐

MISCHIEF MANAGED
— DRESS ROBES? FOR WHAT?

└─────── °.•☆•.° ───────┘

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.✧ .* :☆゚. ───

The Hufflepuff common room was more than alive, celebrating the success of Cedric after the first task. The students decided to suprise him after returning from the Hospital Wing to treat the burn on the side of his face and Lyla accompanied him. Somebody had to assure her brother and tell him that his handsome face wasn't ruined.

"That's what you're worried about?!" she recalled telling him, watching as Madam Pomfrey applied some medicine to his wound. "You just battled a dragon and what you're worried about is your face?"

"Come on! My face is my money maker, don't you think?" Cedric frowned, scrunching up his face in pain when he felt a sting on his cheek and flinched.

"Please stay still, Mr. Diggory!" Madam Pomfrey scolded, making the teenage boy slouch down from where he sat on one of the beds as she applied more Burn-Healing paste to his face.

A couple of treatments and complaints from Cedric later, they returned to the Hufflepuff basement and she wasn't suprised to see the room covered in gold and black decorations and screaming people but Cedric was over the moon, acting as if he didn't hear his roomates talking about the idea of a party a few days ago.

A group of sixth years who Lyla recognized as his group of friends then ran over to him and two boys lifted the boy onto their shoulders, one leg resting on each of them. Everybody ran up to Cedric as he held up his golden egg, everybody cheering and chanting.

"Give it up for Cedric Diggory, Hufflepuff's very own Triwizard Champion!" one of his friends rejoiced, causing the cheers to grow even louder, including Lyla who was laughing at the expression on Cedric's face — it was a look of happiness, like nothing in the world could ever ruin this moment for him.

Moments passed and music blasted all through out the Hufflepuff common room. A couple of first years were worried about the students getting caught throwing a party but Cyril Meakin, a sixth year prefect, reassured them saying that she casted a Silencing Charm. Some people were dancing, including Lyla, Aurora and their other roommates, swaying their bodies to the beat of a song by the Weird Sisters. Cedric and the older years were sitting by the fireplace and drinking Firewhiskey.

"Oh, I love this song!" Aurora yelled over the loud music, swinging her arm over Lyla's shoulder and belted the lyrics.

"Y'know, I'm sure the people here would love Muggle music! I should've brought my cassette player!" Fae Atwell spoke before taking a sip of pumpkin juice from the cup she held.