Chapter 8 - The Quidditch Match

Harry's POV

Next day, I wake up and get ready for the match. Gryffindors versus Hufflepuffs. It was against Slytherins but due to Malfoy...ugh. Today, it was raining heavily. The day hasn't started good, so as for me, the rest of the day would be terrible. 'Cause trouble usually finds me.

I had my goggles on but how could I see through the rain?

"Hey Harry! Good luck" said a smiling Y/n. I smile at her, "Thanks."
Her smile had always made my day, so maybe something was good today. Ron and Hermione wished me luck too.
"And you know Harry, dementors won't attack you" repeated Y/n.
"I know, but how am I supposed to see through this blinding rain?"
"Give me your glasses" Y/n ordered.
"Why?"
"Merlin, just give 'em" and she snatched them off.
"Impervius" she whispered. "Here, take them"
She handed my glasses to me. "What did you do?"
"Oh now you would not have any problem. The spell makes an object repel water"
"Thank you so much Y/n!!!"
"Anytime."

(In the Quidditch Match)

Y/n's POV

The match had started. Heavy rain and I was worried for Harry. Along with that, the terible dementors, soul-sucking, happiness-sucking dementors.

"C'MON HARRY...YOU CAN DO THIS. CATCH THE SNITCH."

Suddenly, something was happening. We all were feeling sad and upset. Oh no, the dementors were here, HUNDREDS OF THEM. Harry was fainting, I have to do something. "Expecto Patronum" I said secretly. I couldn't control myself, I had to rescue Harry. Good that no one saw me, except Hermione "Y/n, was...was that you?"
"Yes. Please Hermione, don't say it to Harry. I would say him later."
Hermione agreed, "Okay."

Professor Dumbledore took him to the Hospital Wing. I sat beside him on the bed holding his hands, waiting for him to get up.
"He looks a bit peaky, doesn't he?" stated Ron.
I turn my head to Ron. But Fred and George scoffed, "Peaky? What do you expect? He fell over 100 feet!! Come on Ron, let's walk you off the Astronomy tower and see what you look like?"

"Probably a right sight better than he normally does" came Harry's voice.
"HARRY!!" I pull him into a bone-breaking hug, and pull away. I could see his cheeks turning bright red.
"How are you?" Asked Hermione.
"Fine. Umm...what happened?"
"Well you fell off your broom."
"Really? I mean the match, who won?"

We all looked at each other and just stare downwards. "What happened? Will someone say something?"
Finally, I broke the silence, "Don't blame yourself Harry. W-we lost t-the m-match"

"All because of me."
I felt that Harry must be upset. They had never lost a Quidditch Match, never. He took hold of his hair in frustration.
I interjected, "I said don't blame yourself. The dementors weren't supposed to be on the grounds. Professor Dumbledore's furious. Totally, it's not your fault. It's the dementors!!!"

He sighed. "Could you guys please leave?" I took it as a cue of him having spending some time alone. We all got up. Suddenly, I felt a grip of hand on my wrist. I turned around you look at Harry holding me back, "Not you Y/n."

Everyone left and I sat on the bed again.

Harry's POV

She sat on the bed after I asked her too.
"Have you taken my Nimbus two thousand?"
"Er-umm..."
"What happened?"
"I-it sort o-of h-hit the w-whomping w-willow and t-then it..." She lost her words.
"Broke into pieces?" I asked.
She nodded miserably.
"I'm sorry Harry."
Seeing me get upset, I saw tears welling up in her eyes.
"It's not your fault."
I felt as if I -
"-Lost a best friend, didn't you? Your broomstick was really like your best friend."
All I could do was nod.
"But what about the next Quidditch Match? I mean what would I ride on?"