Chapter 29 - The Third Task

Time skip

Y/n's POV

I and the two other friends of my group were sitting among the audience, and that was so because today was the last task, the third task of the tournament. Everyone was cheering. Cedric came first, followed by Fleur and Krum, and lastly Harry. He looked at us and smiled. I waved at him and gave him a thumbs-up. He smiled and nodded. Dumbledore started speaking, "Sonorous! Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the tri-wizard cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now as Mr Diggory," the Hufflepuff crowd cheered at once, "and Mr Potter," this time the Gryffindor crowd, including me, Hermione and Ron, cheered for him, "tied for first position, they will be the first to enter the maze, followed by Mr Krum," the Durmstrangs cheered, "and finally Miss Delacour," so did the Beauxbatons cheered, "the first person to touch the cup will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter, if at any point should a contestant wish to withdraw from the task, he or she need only to send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants gather round! Quickly!"

Harry's POV

Dumbledore, after being done with his speech, called us around. "In the maze, you'll find not dragons or creatures of the deep. Instead, you'll face something even more challenging. You see, people change in the maze. Oh, find the cup if you can, but be very wary, you could just lose yourselves along the way."

We departed.

"Champions! Prepare yourselves."

Cedric's dad wished him, then we signalled each other after which Dumbledore declared, "On the count of three... one." And the cannon blew off on the count of just one.

I entered the maze. Professor Moody and Dumbledore looked at me, and I at them, for one last time. Then, the maze closed, as soon as I turned around.

Y/n's POV

I don't like admitting it, but I was, in fact, scared for his life. Time passed slowly, we heard nothing.

Harry's POV

I was walking, when I heard someone scream, a girl. It was probably Fleur. I looked back immediately, then started sprinting. Then I saw Krum, and tried to hide myself, but he saw me. I was scared for a moment, but then he moved away. I kept running, when I saw, Fleur, on the ground. "Fleur? Fleur!" I asked, she didn't respond. "Periculum," saying, I sent red sparks for help, immediately.

Y/n's POV

Someone sent red sparks. Fleur withdrew. That leaves Krum, Cedric and Harry. Perhaps, Hogwarts going to win anyways, but why is my heart skipping a beat every now and then?

Harry's POV

Blimey! That was close, I don't know what the actual heck happened to Krum, but Cedric used the 'expelliarmus' on him. Then he took his wand, and...?

"No, Cedric stop! He's bewitched! Cedric!!"

Y/n's POV

Krum withdrew too. Only Cedric, and Harry...

Harry's POV

I and Cedric spotted the cup, at the same time. We were running for it. But then, Cedric was left behind. On turning back, I saw that Cedric was on the ground. I went back, to help him. I couldn't be leaving him there. I promised Y/n, I have to look after others too, besides myself. Cedric was calling for me.