Chapter 20 - The Letter from Sirius

Time skip

Y/n's POV

After Potions, I went looking for Harry. I didn't find him exactly at that moment, but hours later, I caught him walking in the corridors.

"HEYYY!" I waved at him, calling him out.

"Hey Y/n."

"So how was the interview and everything?" We picked up pace.

"AWFUL," he said, making a disgusted face, he continued saying how that 'Rita Skeeter' asked him meaningless questions. I ended up laughing hysterically.

"Oh my god, I seriously can't believe she called you a twelve year old," I said.

"That's not funny Y/n."

"Alright," I said, trying to control my laughter, but then unable to hold my emotions, I burst out laughing. Annoyed, he rolled his eyes, and started heading towards the owlery.

"What are you going to do in the owlery?" I asked.

"I'm gonna check on Sirius' letter."

"I'm coming too!"

We entered inside the owlery and were waiting, when a bird flew inside. I ran up to it, took the letter and untied it.

"Hey! That letter's for me."

"But I am the daughter of Sirius Black."

"So?"

"So, I am gonna read it."

"FINE" He said gruffly.

I read,

"Harry,

I couldn't risk sending Hedwig. Ever since the World Cup, the Ministry's been intercepting more and more owls and she's too easily recognised.

We need to talk, Harry, face-to-face. Meet me in the Gryffindor common room, at one o'clock this Saturday night. Make sure you are alone. You can also bring Y/n, if you please. I would love to see her. Tell Y/n I miss her so much.

Sirius

ps: by the way, the bird bites."

On that moment, it bit his finger. "Ouch," he moaned. I stood up instantly, and took his hand in mine.

Harry's POV

As soon as the bird bit, Y/n stood up and gently taking my hand in hers, sucked the flowing blood. She then caressed it softly. "Are you alright?" She asked gently, with a tensed voice. "Yeah, It-It just hurts a little."

"If you want, we can go to Madam Pomfrey's."

"No I'm fine."

"Let's go back then," she suggested. I nodded to her words.

Time skip

Y/n's POV

Sitting alone in the common room, completing homework was not at all interesting, especially when it's almost in the middle of the night.

Today was Saturday. Days passed like that, you see, how fast time flies? Today was the day dad said he'd be meeting us tonight.

"Y/n, is that you?" a familiar voice asked from behind me. I knew it at once it was Harry. "Yeah, it's me. You don't even recognise me?" I said, as he flopped down on the couch beside me.

"No, I'm just confirming. I don't want someone else to be here. By the way, what are you doing here?" he asked.

"Two tasks, completing one and waiting for the other.