Chapter 9 - Christmas Holidays and Patronus

Y/n's POV

Finally, the Christmas holidays were here. Students went back to their home. And we four, me, Hermione, Harry and Ron, we stayed back at Hogwarts. I can't go back 'cause Remus was here at Hogwarts. Harry didn't want to go back either, due to his aunt and uncle, the Dursleys. That leaves Ron and Mione, I am sure they stayed back to accompany us.

First of all, I have been really disturbed these days. I get very touchy over simple things. I am loosing my control. Is it all happening because I am getting worried about choosing between Dad and my friends? I don't really know.

Today, we decided to meet Hagrid. We rarely get time to meet him. Firstly the classes, then the security all around after what happened with the Fat Lady. Here we are, knocking the door of the cabin.

"Hagrid!!! Open the door" Harry called out.
"Hagrid! Are you in? It's us, Harry, Hermione, Ron and Y/n!" followed Hermione.

Then the door opened. It was Hagrid, his eyes red and swollen, face full of tears. Then he hugged Harry so tight, we knew he would break his bone.
"Hagrid. Wh-what happened?" I asked.
Hagrid pulled away and motioned us to go in the cabin.

He himself came inside and pointed to a letter on a table. Harry picked it up and read

Dear Mr Hagrid,
      Further to our inquiry into the attack by a Hippogriff on a student in your class, we have accepted the assurances of Professor Dumbledore that you bear no responsibility for the regrettable incident.

Ron interrupted, "We knew it! It's not Hagrid's fault!"
"Ron!" I and Harry said in unison.
"There's more. Let me read!"
"There's more. Let Harry read!"
We said, again in unison.

However, we must register our concern about the Hippogriff in question. We have decided to uphold the official complaint of Mr Lucius Malfoy, and this matter will therefore be taken to the Committee for the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures. The hearing will take place on April 20th, and we ask you to present yourself and your Hippogriff at the Committee's offices in London on that date. In the meantime, the Hippogriff should be kept tethered and isolated.
       Yours in fellowship....

And there were number of names that followed.

"This can't happen. This is horrible. It was not the fault of Buckbeak either!" I said, tears welling up in my eyes.
"You have to provide a great defense, Hagrid" said Hermione, a tear running across her cheek.
"Then Buckbeak would be saved!" Followed Ron. But Hagrid just cried more, saying, "Yeh don' know. The ministry's under Lucius Malfoy. Nothing's goin' to happen."

"There's nothing Professor Dumbledore can do?" Harry asks.
"Oh no. He's already done so much fo' me. And then he has enough on his plate to worry about without my case. Can't put him in more trouble" replied Hagrid, sobbing, he continued, "thought of letting Buckbeak go, tryin' to make him fly away. But I'm scared of going to Azkaban, breakin' the laws."

We all heave a sigh. "Guys, look. Hermione is right, we can save him. We have to give a good defense. We'll help you Hagrid" I said, my friends nodded and Hagrid looked hopefully at us.

-------------------------Time skip---------------------

We all start finding evidences to help Hagrid save Buckbeak. Meanwhile, Christmas came. On the Christmas morning, I get ready and I was coming into the girls' dorm when Hermione started dragging me saying,
"You've got a gift!"
"What? That's not possible" I interject.
"Oh shut up and come with me."