Chapter 23 - First task

Y/n's POV

It's the first day of the Triwizard tournament and I'm already excited and nervous as well. I mean, come on, dragons are not something you're supposed to play with right? I, Hermione, Ron and other students got seated in the stadium of the Quidditch Pitch. Behind us, Fred and George were betting with each other. Meanwhile, I was darn shivering.

"Y/n! Stop shivering, It's as if you're doing the first task."

"Hermione, I can't help it. I think I need to see Harry."

I stood up, and at the exact moment, Professor Dumbledore addressed the audience, a dragon roared, I turned to go.

"Aren't you gonna see this?"

"I'm coming, Ron," I replied to Ron.

I found my way and went up back to where the champions were. I hid behind the curtains, "Psst, psst." Someone seemed to stand the other side of the curtains.

"Harry, is it you?

"Yeah. Y/n?"

"Yes. How-How are you feeling? Okay?"

There was no reply.

"Alright, listen to me. Concentrate, okay? After that you can just-"

"Battle a dragon."

I sighed. I couldn't hold myself anymore. I pushed through and hugged Harry. Just then, there was a flash of light. Who the heck? It was Rita Skeeter, she said, "Young love! How stirring," we departed from the hug, "If everything goes unfortunately today, you two may even make the front page!"

"Listen to me, Ms. Skater," I said, in a weird accent.

"It's Skeeter dear."

"Whatever, you are supposed to have news only about the tournament and not make fake news about anything el-" suddenly, Harry held my hand, gesturing me to stop.

"You have no business here. This tent is for champions and friends," it was Krum.

"No matter, we've got what we wanted." She said, there was another flash and she was gone. Just then Professor Dumbledore entered the tent from behind us, "Good day champions. Gather round please. Now, you've waited, you've wondered and at last the moment has arrived, a moment only four of you can fully appreciate." He kept speaking while I kept thinking of ways to escape as inconspicuous as I can. But then, I think Professor Dumbledore noticed me and realised there was a person who was not supposed to be here. "What are you doing here, Y/n?"

"Oh, um, nothing, sir. I'm sorry, I-I'll just go," saying, I escaped quickly.

I walked back and having found Hermione, I sat. "You've been gone for ages."

"I was nearly caught..." I started saying what actually happened inside the tent.

Harry's POV

Oh my god, Y/n, you would've put me in a trouble. "Barty, the bag." Professor Dumbledore said, absolutely snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Champions, in a circle around me. Miss Delacour, over here, Mr Krum," Mr Crouch shifted people, "and Potter, Mr Potter, over here. That's right."

He turned to the bag he was holding, "Now, Miss Delacour, if you will," Fleur put her hand in the bag and picked a wait, miniature dragon? How many sizes do dragons exist? Mr Barty addressed it as the Welsh Green. Fleur looked at Madame Maxime while Mr Barty moved the bag to Krum, "Mr Krum."

He picked up rather bravely. He got the Chinese Fireball. The bag was moved to brought to Cedric, "The Swedish Short Snout, which leaves," he moved the bag to me, "the Horntail," I whispered. "What's that?" Oh no, I wasn't supposed to say that out loud, "nothing" I put my hand in the bag, "Ah," it seemed to but me, but I picked up the dragon. "The Hungarian Hornatil." Yes, this is the one I saw there, with Hagrid.