Chapter 28 - Y/n's instincts

Time skip

Harry's POV

Merlin's beard! I didn't expect today to be such an exhaustive day. It was last curfew right now. I was coming back from Hagrid's. Ron had already come. Throughout the day, I didn't stand a chance of talking even once to Y/n.

As I entered the common room, I saw someone crouching their legs to their chest and resting their head on the edge of the couch. Pretty sure it was her, Y/n. I was absolutely sleepy right now, and had made up my mind to go straight to my dorm, but now I feel my decision to be changing. As I approached her, I saw her eyes closed. She was probably... sleeping?

I shouldn't disturb he—

"Don't keep standing over my head, Mr Potter. If you want, you can sit on the couch," Y/n spoke softly, but with her eyes closed.

"So you're not sleeping, are you? And why are you on the ground and asking me to sit on the couch?" I asked, sitting on the couch.

"I just came here, to read this book actually," she smiled and raised the book in he hand, "but I felt sleepy, coincidentally just when you came. And as an answer to your second question, let's say I'm more comfortable here?"

"Why aren't you sleeping in your dorm?"

"The girls, they're crazy. They're having a huge noisy conversation. It's obvious they would neither let me read a book nor let me sleep."

"It was you, behind the whole Gillyweed thing?"

"Neville told you, I suppose?"

"I figured it out partly. Hey by the way, why aren't you opening your eyes?"

"My head aches, my eyes are burning, and worse, I'm sick as hell," she said softly, although I must admit she was swearing and cursing.

"Sick?"

"I might have not told you this but freezing cold water is my weakness. Makes me sick."

"You shouldn't have dived in!"

"I couldn't let you die Harry, I care about you!"

"I thought you were mad at me?"

"Yes I was, now don't tell... me..." she paused.

"Y/n?"

"Yeah, don't tell me friends can't be mad at each other. Let's forget about it now."

"I want to do something to make you feel better!"

"Alright. Go to your dorm then. I bet you're tired. Have some rest and some sleep."

"But—"

"Harry!"

"One last question?"

There was a long pause and then she said, "Mhmm."

"Why do you care about me so much that you almost put your life in danger?"

"Because I lo—" she paused again. I kept waiting for her to speak. She never did. Don't tell me she slept?

"Y/n?" I whispered to her. Blimey, I was curious to know her answer.