Chapter 37 - It All Begins

Y/n's POV

"Alright, everyone's here?" Harry's voice echoed through as everyone else nodded. "Brilliant," he moved forward towards the statue.

"First off, we start with the disarming charm," he pulled out his wand, and aimed, before making the wand movements, "Expelliarmus" The statue's wand flew away making everyone duck their heads.

"Now, let us all try, okay?"

Everyone started trying one by one. "Hah! Got you," a girl cheered, catching the wand in mid-air.

"Nice try. My turn," as one of her friends aimed her wand. Everyone looked happy, practising, trying... even succeeding. But Neville... he sighed. He kept failing. I approached him, "Neville?"

"I'm hopeless," he replied. "It's okay. Try again, I'm sure you'll do it." I told him.

Harry saw us and walked towards us. He kept a hand on Neville's shoulder. "just don't flourish your wand too much. Try it like this," and then he proceeded to show him again. Neville repeated after him and it worked.

"There, you did it." I smiled, "good job."

"Alright, guys. That's it for today," Harry announced.

"Don't forget practising," I added. Harry modded as an approval to my words.

"We'll start slow," Harry said looking around at everyone's faces.

"We're all meeting tomorrow, here, again." Hermione told everyone. Most of them nodded, some of the younger people gave a thumbs up (cheerful lads you know), after which they left.

We walked out too. "It was pretty amazing, wasn't it?" I asked to my group of friends. Ron chuckled, "Yeah, it was bloody good."

"We still need to cover up a lot," Harry said, sounding serious.

"Yes, professor," I joked. Hermione and Ron laughed, while Harry frowned. "Honestly, how many nicknames do you have for me, Y/n/n, hm?"

"Y/n/n? Since when are you calling her by that, mate?" Ron asked, feigning surprise.

"What?" Harry answered annoyed, shrugging, "it's no big deal. Y/n/n keeps calling me by nicknames all the time!"

"Yeah but when a boy gives a nickname to his girl best-friend..." Hermione started, trying to keep her smug smile hidden, "it should mean something."

Harry's cheeks turned red at that. "Oh my god, he's blushing, there's definitely something in his mind!" Ron pointed out, laughing his arse off. "Shut up Ron!" Harry grumbled, "it's- it's nothing. It's just the summer heat."

"Harry..." I started.

"You don't start it too now, Y/n," Harry interrupted before I could speak, but I did anyways, "it's winter now."

"Mate," Ron kept laughing like a maniac, "you gotta find better excuses."

"Ronald, you're gonna explode if you keep laughing like that," Hermione remarked, trying to hold her laugh in, but failing miserably.

"Ugh, you guys are the worst," Harry stormed off towards the exit of the castle.

"Harry, wait, they didn't mean anything serious!" I called out after him, chasing and running.

"Sometimes he can be really boring," Hermione commented. And I gave her a look.

Hermione and Ron followed behind. Harry had already walked out in the Quidditch pitch, and into the training room. "Bloody hell. I forgot I had practice today," Ron said gruffly, before running off too. Some other players were waiting in the middle of the pitch. I guess that's how Ron remembered. I and Hermione went to the bleachers and took a seat.