Chapter 22 - The Patch Up

Next Morning

Harry's POV

"Cheat Potter!"
"Ah! You stink Potter!"

I was going through the corridor, finding Cedric. But, all I was finding were people wearing badges, commenting, and laughing at me.

"Potter stinks."

I finally got a way to get out in the open. But two people blocked the way. "How's the badge?"

"Excuse me," I said, politely. But they didn't move.

"He said to move, you dumbasses" a voice emerged behind me. I turned around to see Y/n. She pushed through and I walked out. They laughed. Y/n sent them each a glare, and mumbled to them in a deadly voice, "If I see anyone of you laughing or mocking at my best friend, I'll break your teeth or stomp on your feet or hex you, or you don't know what I'll do," and then she walked away.

"Hey, wait up." I called out. "Why are you defending me?"

"Because you're my best friend. Sometimes I think the sorting hat was right not to put you in ravenclaw."

"No, I mean you were supposed to be..."

"Check page 273 of your potions book."

"Huh?"

"Just check it, Potter."

I opened my bag and searched for the Potions book. I got it and flipped through the pages. Page 273, this one. I found a parchment, is this the one I gave to Hermione to put in Y/n's book? "Did you get it?" Y/n asked. "Uh, yes."

"Open it." I opened it. Hey Harry, just got your sorry. I accept it, in fact, I'm sorry for the way I behaved to you. I shouldn't have. I'm really sorry.

"And I mean that," Y/n said.

"I-I don't know what to say."

"You don't need to say anything. By the way, are you finding someone?"

"Yeah, Cedric."

"Cedric?" she said in an interrogative tone.

"Yeah. The first task is all about dragons", just then Y/n started coughing up, "Hey, hey, hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah," she replied, and breathed heavily. "DRAGONS?! They're dangerous. Merlin's beard! I never imagined this tournament to be... this dangerous! They'd have to be insane to be using dragons! How do you know?"

"Hagrid, remember he was finding me yesterday?"

"Yeah. Do the other champions...?"

"Yes. Madame Maxime was also present there. She probably told Fleur, and maybe Karkaroff told Krum."

"Read the badge Potter" few students yelled to attract our attention. They were surrounding Cedric. I went up to him.

"Can I have a word?"

"All right," he excused them and followed us. "Dragons, that's the first task. They've got one for each of us."