Chapter 25 - The discussion about dates

Harry's POV

We were sitting in the great hall, doing potions. Y/n was sitting beside Ron, who was beside me and Hermione sat beside Y/n, on the other side of hers. Snape pushed his head into the book.

Meanwhile, I and Ron discussed if Neville had a date. It turned out that we both thought he didn't.

"Neville has a date you idiots!" Y/n whispered to Ron, still focused on her parchment. Ron gasped and sighed at the same time.

"Now, I'm really depressed."

Just then, Fred passed a parchment to Ron. The parchment said, "Get a move on, or all the good ones will have gone."

"Who're you going with then?" Ron whispered back to him, giving the parchment back. Fred crumpled the piece of parchment and threw at Angelina. She did a face, as if asking, 'what?' Fred, in gestures, asked, "Do you want to go to the ball with me?"

"To the ball, yeah alright."

Few girls laughed and Fred winked at Ron. Ron thought for a second. Then said, "Alright, Neville has a date, but what about you, Y/n? Do you have a date?" Ron asked Y/n. "It doesn't matter," she paused, looked if Snape was looking, then whispered to Ron, "you aren't going to take your sister to the ball, are you?" she giggled.

"Sister?!"

"Come on Ron, we're almost like siblings. You said that yourself!" Y/n said and returned back to her writing. Ron looked at me. Then turned back to Y/n, "Alright, then, what about- I sensed him saying my name and instantly stopped him. "No?" he asked me.

"No!" I replied.

"What about what Ron?" Y/n asked.

He got an idea and said, "Hermione! What about her? She's a girl." That's when Hermione finally spoke. "Very well spotted," she said sarcastically. Y/n facepalmed. It was at this moment that I knew, Ron was going to mess things up. I saw Snape coming, and was warning Ron, by pulling his arm.

"Come to the ball with one of us?"

Snape came by and smacked his book on all fours' heads. Y/n was making all signs and gestures for Ron to stop talking. "Come on, it's one thing for the bloke to show up alone, for a girl, it's just sad."

It was too late for Ron to stop, Hermione had already exploded, "I won't be going alone, because believe it or not, someone ASKED me," she took her parchment and all and directly submitted to Snape, returned back, picked up her books, and said, "and I said, YES," she turned her eyes to Y/n, "Y/n, are you coming?"

"Yes!" Y/n said. Hermione was gone by then, Y/n returned back after submitting her essay to Snape. "She's lying, isn't she?" Ron asked, looking up at her, and then at me. "If you say so," I said. Y/n said, while picking up her stuff, "Gosh, Harry! She's not lying. And neither am I! You're both bloody idiots!!" Saying that, she rolled her eyes, and was gone.

"Bloody hell! Don't tell me they've both got dates?"

"I don't kn-OWW."

Snape. It was him. Snape, he was pressing and pushing our heads down, forcefully. And yes, IT DID HURT! We have to admit, it was probably because we were talking instead of completing our works. We need to finish it off as soon as possible.

Time skip

I was going to the owlery. The stairs were so slippery and it was so shivery cold. Suddenly, I bumped into someone. "Cho!"

"Harry!"

We were just moving here and there, each of us blocking the other's way. Cho stopped me and exchanged our positions.