Chapter 30 - End of Term

Y/n's POV

Dumbledore had called everyone in the Great Hall, every student, every teacher. We went. He was going to give some speech.

"Today, we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory, was, as you all know, exceptionally hard-working infinitely fair-minded, and, most importantly, a fierce, fierce friend. Now, I think, therefore, you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered, by Lord Voldemort," I tried but couldn't restrain the falling tears, "The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this. But, not to do so, I think, would be an insult to his memory. Now, the pain, we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me and reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events, the bonds of friendships we've made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that, and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain. You remember that. And we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest... and, brave and true, right to the very end."

This speech, I don't know if it did something good or bad, but do know that it made everyone aware of something important, and that, it was a kind tribute to Cedric. Harry consoled me. Ironical, isn't it? He needed sympathy right now, not me.

Time skip

Our fourth year was complete. We were packing  Few days passed since Cedric's death. Harry said Cedric's parents had met him in the hospital wing, but they didn't blame him for what happened. Meanwhile, the daily prophet avoided printing anything about Cedric's death under the Ministry's influence. The Ministry was absolutely denying the return of Voldemort. Harry was still in a miserable state.

I came in the common room to see Harry sitting. He said he had a small important talk with Dumbledore, who had come to his dorm, and that Dumbledore said that terrible dark times lie ahead. It was true, even if we tried to deny it, we can't. Voldemort had returned, but at least, we were in Hogwarts, the safest place on earth.

I started doing the task for which I had come to the common room. One of my books was missing, and it was probably here. I remember I had left it here a few days before the third task.

"None of my words matter, do they?" Harry spoke to me, while I searched here and there for my book.

I turned to him, "What do you mean?"

"No one believes me, no one believes that Voldemort has returned."

"Who else do you want to believe you, Harry? I do, Hermione does, Ron does, and most importantly, Dumbledore does," I retorted. I went back again to find my book.

"You do believe me?" Harry asked again, probably getting up because I heard shuffling of his feet.

"Yes, of course, it's not even a question!" I replied, "God, where did keep it?"

"Keep what?" He asked me.

"My book. Have you seen it?"

"The one you were reading that day?"

"Yes."

"The one with the name 'Pride and Prejudice'?"

"Yes, that one," I nodded, finally having a proper eye contact with him.

"Oh! I have that book," he said and went in his dorm. He returned carrying it, "Here. Have it."

"Oh you're a life saver. Thank you! By the way, forget about Voldemort. Don't even think about him. He's a loser."

"He's not, you know he's not," Harry said, his voice reverberating, because he wanted me to hear that, and I was inside the girls dorm, keeping my book in my bag.

"Trust me, he is a bloody loser!" I said, walking out of the common room with Harry. We went downstairs finding Ron and Hermione. I saw Hermione getting a letter from Krum, and Ron receiving a last kiss from Fleur. Harry kept walking leisurely, admiring the view.

"Don't tell me Fleur loves Ron, Harry?" I said jokingly.

"Haha, no. She definitely doesn't," he joked back, leaning against the wall. I'm glad that he's forgotten about it, and is in a merry mood.

Slowly, everyone left. The Beauxbatons, the Durmstrangs, everyone. Hogwarts was once again the place it was, last year. But, of course, times have changed.

"Do you ever think we'll have a quiet year at Hogwarts?" Ron asked, joining us.

"No!" Hermione said with me, joining us. We started walking, but realised, Hermione didn't.

"Everything's going to change now, isn't it?" she asked, worried.

I stood with Ron. Harry approached her, "yes," he said, nodded and then sighed. Hermione accepted it with a nod. We returned to walking again.

"Promise you'll write this summer. All three of you!"

"Well I won't," Ron gave her a look, "you know I won't!"

"Harry will, won't you?"

"Yeah, every week," he replied sarcastically. I mean, come on now, how could he send magical letters with those muggle relatives hovering around him?

"You, Y/n?"

"I don't have any idea!" I joked. We all laughed while Hermione rolled her eyes.

"Are you going back to Sirius?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, I'm."

"But how do you know where you have to go?" Hermione and Ron asked in unison. Harry looked at me in utter confusion.

"There's a reason I was finding that book today Harry, 'Pride and Prejudice.' Dad had met me at the fireplace the day of the second task, the day you were talking to me at night? He told me the address and I had to note it down somewhere, of course. I noted it there, in that book," I smiled. We four then looked back at all the foreign students leaving. This year was quite adventurous.

Carrying our luggage, we got seated in the carriage. We boarded the Hogwarts train, leaving for our homes. Soon, we reached King's Cross station. Isn't it funny, how time flies so fast? It felt like seconds.

Harry gave all his winnings to Fred and George as they wanted to open a shop. Moreover, Harry said he didn't need those winnings. We were just talking about our fifth year, and alas, we were breaking up. Hermione went to her parents, Ron was received by his mother as well as his brothers, Fred and George, and his sister, Ginny. Harry and I hugged one last time, he waved, and then activating his depressed mood, he went to the Dursleys. I was all alone. No friends, no Hogwarts.

I really hope, next year, we have a better year, at least Harry does. I'll miss Hogwarts, I'll miss Harry.

WC: 1094

A/n: ah, goblet of fire, it was. And it's finally over. I am so excited to write order of the phoenix because there are so many surprises. I don't want to, but I'm giving away a little hint about one of them. Here's a line from the upcoming ootp chapters.

"We found you, stranded, in a basket. You looked so adorable. We didn't have a child. You probably belonged to muggle parents."

Idk if it's a major spoiler but wtv. I want to see you guessing in the comments what's it about? Have fun :)