Chapter 36 - Dumbledore's Army

★ timeskip ★

Y/n's POV

It has been raining for a few hours now, as we all sat by the fireplace in the common room. Hermione looked rather pissed off, to be exact, "That foul, evil, old gargoyle. We're not learning how to defend ourselves. We're not learning how to pass our OWLs. She's taking over the entire school."

We sighed before hearing Fudge's voice on the radio "Security has been and," Harry turned towards the radio, grabbing it and turned up the volume, "will remain the Ministry's top priority. Furthermore, we have convincing evidence that these disappearances are the work of notorious mass murderer Sirius Black." I frowned. These people at the ministry just speak things without any proof.

Just then, a voice called, "Harry," we all turned, it was dad. "Sirius," Harry said, rushing over to the fireplace, "what are you doing here?"

Dad replied, "Answering your letter. You said you were worried about Umbridge. What's she doing? Training you to kill half-breeds?"

Harry replied back, "She's not letting us use magic at all."

"Well, I'm not surprised. The latest intelligence is that Fudge doesn't want you trained in combat."

Ron asked, "Combat? What does he think, we're forming some sort of wizard army?"

"That's exactly what he thinks," dad said, "that Dumbledore is assembling his own forces to take on the Ministry. He's becoming more paranoid by the minute," his eyes gravitated to Harry, "the others wouldn't want me telling you this, Harry but things aren't going at all well with the Order. Fudge is blocking the truth at every turn and these disappearances are just how it started before. Voldemort is on the move."

"Isn't there anything that we can do then, dad?" I asked.

Suddenly we heard the door behind open. Oh no, someone must be coming.

Dad's voice turned to a whisper, "Someone's coming. I'm sorry I can't be of more help. But for now, at least, it looks like you're all on your own." He gave us all a nod before disappearing. We dispersed. Hermione stared out the window.

She began speaking, "He really is out there, isn't he?"

I heaved a tensed sigh, "that's right."

She continued, "We've got to be able to defend ourselves. And if Umbridge refuses to teach us how," she turned around and looked at Harry, "we need someone who will."

Then her eyes rolled on to me. I got what she meant. "Harry," I blurted.

"What?" he asked, completely confused.

"You'd be the one to teach us," I said.

"Sorry WHAT?" he exclaimed.

I chuckled slightly at his reaction. Hermione spoke up, "I'll do something to inform the others."

"That'll be bloody brilliant," Ron said, grinning.

"Wait, I don't understand," Harry said, being his usual confused self, "what are you all planning?"

I smirked mischievously, "You'd know soon."