Chapter 21 - Black Lake

Y/n's POV

Next day was Sunday's morning. I climbed off the staircase. The common room would've been absolutely empty if it had not been for silence. I went to the Great Hall. Few students, in jumpers or sweatshirts, were seated at their respective house tables and having morning breakfast. At the Gryffindor table, Harry was seated alone. I went up to him, pulled out a chair and sat down. "Morning!"

He turned to me, surprised, and almost jumping off his chair. "Merlin's Beard! You scared me! By the way, morning"

"Surprising, isn't it? How you're always the one to give me jumpscares, and today I'm the one giving them to you." He grinned. He pushed his food plate towards me, "here, satisfy your appetite."

"You want me to eat the food you were eating?" He nodded.

"As you command, master" I said. We both laughed our hearts out. I picked up a tart and took a bite. I was already starving, and this appeared to me like a life saver. "Uh, Y/n?" Harry asked me after a couple of silent moments. "Hmm" I said, my mouth stuffed.

"Uh, you have a something over here," he pointed out the place in his face. I tried cleaning my face in that point. "No, on the right," I moved my hand to the right, "No... a bit left... uh,... actually right... Wait!" I stopped. He brought his hand to my face, and wiped the bits of food off my face, with his fingers. His touch sent an enchanting sensation through my nerves. My heart was probably pounding out of my chest. I was hyper-breathing right now. Why do you make me so nervous?

Someone cleared a throat and someone coughed in the background. We were instantly distracted. The ones over- dramatically coughing, sneezing and clearing their throat were Hermione and Ginny. "It's not a private place, mark my words, miss Black," Hermione said, sitting beside me. Ginny took a seat across me. "Oh no," Hermione whispered, continuing what she was saying. "What's the matter?" I asked whispering back. "I made a mistake I should call you Mrs. Pott-"

"SHUT UP!" I screamed, keeping a hand over her mouth, and almost falling off my chair, "NOT. A. SINGLE. WORD!"

"Woah! Why are you both getting so violent?" said a voice. It was Ron. He and Harry had an eye contact. While Ron sat down, Harry got up and left, abruptly. I sighed on the inside. When will they forgive each other?

Just then, Neville came up. "M-Morning," he said shyly. "Good morning Neville!" we greeted him. "What's that book in your hand?" I asked him. "Oh, i-it's just about plants. I am heading towards the black lake."

"Can I come with you too?"

"Yes sure," he replied.

We left for the Black lake chit-chatting all the way. He was more of a listener, and I was the one continuously speaking. When we finally arrived, I saw Harry leaning against a tree trunk and sitting calmly beside the lake. I and Neville departed, I went towards Harry and he went towards the lake. "What are you doing here?" I questioned, looking down at him. "Nothing," he said, as I sat, "just enjoying by myself, I guess."

"Not anymore, I'm here to accompany you," I said, inadvertently resting my head on his shoulder. Realising, I straightened myself again. "Sorry."

"No, please," he insisted me. I repeated my action of resting my head on his shoulder. "Magical Water Plants of the Highland Lochs?" he said in a questioning tone, looking at the cover of the book Neville gave me, "I didn't knew you had an interest in herbology?"

"No, not an interest, but reading has always been a passion."

"I know-"

"Amazing Amazing!!" Neville spoke to himself.