royal auction I

Waiting in the living room downstairs for my father and Vince to get ready, I heard an obnoxious knock from the front door.

I let out a slightly annoyed shout that I'd get it since I was close by, anyway. No need to trouble the maids when Art and I were right next to the door.

Once is enough were coming

"Who's ther—OOF!"

I was hit with the nostalgic sensation of getting smothered by a pair of foam pillows. A classic way of assassination, but shouldn't it be used while I'm sleeping?

"Oh my goodness! You were alive! Look how big you've both gotten! I'm so sorry, Art, Ash! I wasn't able to protect you two! I'm so glad!" the lady sniffled.

"Mmfph! Mmmfph!"

"Angela, I don't think they can breathe" A comforting voice pointed out.

"Eep! S-Sorry!" Angela squealed.

Peeling my face away, I smiled at the sight of my companions.

Art doing the same "It's so good seeing you guys again!"

The big friendly giant, Durden, patted our head and I saw his narrow eyes getting watery, triggering a tear from Art as well. Now im not emotionless I just rather suppress things like sadness

Adam smacked me on the butt. "Little brats! You know how devastated everyone was because of what happened? It's good to see you two again, hehe."

"You've gotten better-looking, Ashton, Arthur." I turned to see the charismatic Helen Shard with her signature bow still strapped to her back squat down in front of me. She lightly pinched our cheeks and gave us a sympathetic smile before standing back up.

Suddenly, I'm embraced again, but this time, I was thoroughly surprised. "Sniff."

It was Jasmine. That cold, aloof Jasmine. She kept mute as she just tightened her arms around me, letting out soft sniffles.

I couldn't resist the urge to pet her head when she suddenly peeled herself away from me, her face scarlet. Quickly standing up and trying to regain composure, she shot us an embarrassed nod and turned away.

At this time, Sylvie woke up from her nap on the couch and trotted towards us.

"Woah! What is that?" Adam exclaimed. The rest of the Twin Horns had the same expression of surprise as even Jasmine turned back to look at the mysterious mana beast.

"She's my contracted beast, Sylvie," Art announced while my bond hopped from my shadow land next to me since she no longer fit on my head

"And this is mine, her name is Jen,"

"Holy crap! You both already have a contracted beast? Do you know how valuable it is to have a bond? Oh man, I've been trying to look for a beast to tame these past few years but with no luck. The ones that they sell are way too expensive, too, lucky brats!" Adam was practically pulling his hair out in jealousy.

"Bonds," or "contracted beasts" for the official term, were highly sought after by both types of mages. It was a bit more advantageous for conjurers since, while the master prepared spells, the bond would be able to protect them. However, it was also very useful for augmenters as well, who often sought after beasts to contract them as mounts or a partner to have their back.

"What's with all the commotion downAh! You guys are here!" My father, wearing his uniform, leaped down the flight of stairs and rushed toward his ex-party members.

He was giving all of them a hug as my mother and sister came down soon after.

"Everyone! It's so good seeing you guys again!" my mother exclaimed. She didn't have the chance to say anything more as the girls all threw themselves at her and start drooling over my baby sister, both of whom were dressed very nicely for the event. My parents hadn't seen the Twin Horns for almost as long as me, so everyone was just as excited.