I'M HOME.... again

Walking up to the door I hesitantly knocked on it. Hearing the rushing footsteps I prepared to be bombarded with questions and a lecture about being safe from my mother and father. Surprisingly, mother flung the door open before tackling me in a hug. Looking up over them I saw my father standing just outside the doorway.

A sharp pain in my neck jolted me out of my shock ow! mother flinched away to relieve my pain.

Seeing the wound on my neck my mother gasped and quickly mumbled a chant.

[swift heal]

A green light washed over me speeding up the recovery time exponentially. Feeling that it was no longer doing anything, I created a shard of ice. Using it as a mirror I saw a large scar on my neck. "Nice, seems like people can really tell us apart now."

"IDIOT!" my mother yelled at me as tears started to fall. she lightly slapped the top of my head. "You shouldnt be happy that you have a scar."

"Sorry." I said as I looked down.

"Where are Art and Jasmine?" The deeper voice of my father asked.

"They're handling some issues with a party member at the guild. I wasn't there when everything happened so I just came home." Looking around I noticed a short giggle monster I call a sister isn't around.

I guess my father noticed I was looking around. "Ellies asleep on the couch if you're wondering."

"Alright well let her sleep. I think I should rest too. I'd enjoy catching up when Art gets back."

"Well your room hasn't moved since you left." father said as he moved away from the door. Getting up I shadow stepped to my room falling face first into my bed.

_______________________

Waking up I heard someone at my door. Opening it I saw a maid that quickly informed me my brother was home. Quickly shadow stepping out to the living room, I appeared on the arm of the chair next to Elijah.

"When did you get here?" I said, looking at Elijah.

"AAAHH!" And when I say he jumped out of his chair i swear he hit his head on the ceiling. "Wha? wher-where did you come from?"

"I'm just fast." I said before turning to the right, catching Ellie in my arms as she jumped to me in turn revealing my scar to everyone that hadn't seen it.

A round of gasps followed by multiple noises of shock and confusion.

"Ashton you-" Elijah started but I cut him off.

"Dont. I choose to give you the last gem. Anyways it's just another way for people to tell Art and I apart."

"Brother! Your back." Ellie said as she looked up at me.

"I only left like a few days ago, shouldn't you still be clinging to Art?"

"But you got hurt really bad."

"Oh please, if anyone got hurt it was the short brother. My injury just left a mark." I smirked as I said.

"I'm not that short!" Art retorted.

"I know you're enjoying this but I would like to hear what happened." Vincent chimed in.

"Yeah, sorry. I'll let them tell ya."

There were some details that Art left out for our familys sake—he exchanged glances with Elijah when he skipped the part where Lucas betrayed them —but other than that, he made sure to fill them in to the best of his ability.

My sister, who was sitting cross-legged on the couch diagonal from me with Sylvie sleeping in her lap, was wide-eyed the entire time as he recalled the dungeon experience with Elijah. Her eyes practically sparkled at the fantasy-like fable, but it wasnt just her that became enraptured by the story.