bad things happen to good people

The grey fire dissipated as I fell to my knees revealing most of the boss's body had been completely disintegrated. He was missing his entire upper half except his spine and skin behind it. His lower half slumped to its knees before the purple motes moved from behind his spine and began regenerating his body.

Standing up my body screamed in protest telling me to stay down even for a few more seconds, but if I did that, Id be proving that bastard right! I focused the remaining mana in my body into my fists. As they lit ablaze I felt the circuits start to retreat to my mana core. My hair changed back to its normal color and shortened to its original length. I felt something in my left eye change although it didn't feel the same as when I first entered phase two and only in that eye.

Since hes got about thirty seconds to finish healing. I'll focus as much mana as I can into one spot, and hopefully this will pierce straight through. Getting it to one spot was difficult due to the small amount of mana I had. Just as his head was finishing I had every ounce of fire I could muster pointed directly at his head.

The glow returned to his eyes causing me to release my spell. He jerked his head to the side causing my spell to graze the left side of his head. Time seemed to slow down as he reared his arm back. Watching it inch closer and closer I tried to move but I wouldn't make it.

A tug at the back of my shirt drew me from my thoughts of impending doom as my vision turned greyscale. Looking back I saw Jen holding my shirt in her mouth.

Releasing a breath I didn't know I was holding I said "Holy shit, you couldnt have better timing if you tried."

'Sorry, I just thought you could handle it while I took a nap.' Even if she did not express it through words, the emotions of sadness and disappointment in herself along with a few others that leaked through were enough.

When the hell did you start being the sarcastic one? I questioned as we ran to the other side of the cave.

She responded 'if you're not being sarcastic it means there's a real threat of everyone dying, I don't really wanna think about that right now so I took your place.'

"I can't even refute that honestly, it doesn't matter right now. Jen, how long do you think you could push the time altering to?"

'Roughly fifteen minutes here to one out there. That would mean Ryan would need to hold out for ten minutes by himself.'

"Alright then. Let's hope he can hold off."

RYAN CHULAINN POV

opening my eyes I felt like I got smashed into the ground a few times. What the hell happened, wait the monster what the hell happened with it. Looking up I saw the boss looking at the shadows like it owed them a gold coin or somethin.

Wait did they go into the shadows like earlier? They left my ass with this thing! Dammit, where's gae bolg? Scanning the area I spotted my crimson spear in the center about 50 feet away from me.

Standing up as quietly as possible, I started walking toward the center.

My heart sank as I heard the clinking of a rock rolling against the ground. A rock that was right next to me. Looking toward the boss our eyes locked.

Breaking out into a sprint I lunged for my spear missing barley. I had to roll across the ground in order to keep my head on my shoulders. This bastard got faster.

Leaping back I missed getting cleaved in half by the stone axe sword thing.

[vine coil]

Large vines shot from the ground wrapping around the boss's arms and legs. Running toward my spear I focus a decent chunk of mana into the next spell.