A bit about nox

As we finally arrived back I saw Alrice, I believe that was her name at least. She opened the gate slightly and we quickly landed and scurried our way in. Gother was looking much better and I believed he could've flown himself after half way.

Landing Acreil set me down as she helped close the giant gate. Broly began to walk Gother back into town, probably to the large building I've been staying at.

"Hey, I'm your next teacher." I heard Alrice call as I started to walk toward her.

"I'm looking forward to learning from you." I gave a polite bow to her

She glanced back to Acreil "you can take a few days rest if you'd like. I know my sister can be stressful. Espescially when she trains people."

So they are sisters. "No, I'd much rather start as soon as possible." I reassured her as I saw Acreil walking over.

"You'll need to pace his learning yourself Alrice. He won't take breaks unless forced to." she patted Alrice's shoulder causing her to stumble.

"Hey! Watch it! I'm small!" she growled and huffed before grabbing my hand. "Ugh, come on. I'll go ahead and take you to our training grounds."

The same feeling as when I use shadow walk happened as I fell into the ground only to be in a grayscale world. "Where are we going exactly?"

"You see those mountains over there?" she pointed to a mountain range that I could barely see "there. It'll be a fun little trip for us to get to know each other on."

She asked me about things like my favorite foods and activities. She scoffed at the idea that I enjoyed fighting but we didn't get too much into it. Quickly the subject shifted to her telling me about the times she;s fought mana beast and all the magic she was able to use. She was extremely proficient in fire and wind magic.

It was interesting to hear about her fighting without nox even though she was meant to teach me about the stuff.

After a while we reached a cavern entrance. Quickly leading me into it the world returned to color. The further we went in the faster she walked until she finally stopped and sat down, patting the ground for me to join her.

"Hm, what do you know of aether?"

"Not much, it's that purple stuff right? It can be used to mess with space, time and life. also It's something I dubbed counter force and used occasionally by mixing an element with it like fire and such. I was told it would be the equivalent to a cup and the mana would be water."

"Yes, exactly. It is something that only the indrath clan can manipulate properly. While you and I can technically manipulate it, it is rather stubborn when listening, so much so that it will shatter our core if not used properly. Scary huh?"

"I suppose losing my core would dampen my plans." I muttered as I glanced down.

Huffing she rolled her eyes "do you know something I've never enjoyed about the cup and water example?"

With a simple shake of my head she went on "why does moving the cup shape the water? I mean I suppose that if one were to use aether it could affect mana, but that simply doesn't sit right with me. I feel there's more we don't understand. Like how does aether fight against us if it is simply stagnant, why does it appear in particle form yet is represented as a solid object? It should be threads or something that is not completely unshapeable, perhaps  molten glass?"

After a pause she shook her head, "I would keep that in mind but don't focus on it. I'm the researcher so leave it up to me, unless you have some grand epiphany. We are able to divide our three reality bending substances into three categories that I've dubbed aether affinities. Aevum, arts that affect time. Vivum, arts that are related to life. Spatium, arts pertaining to physical space."