dire tombs II

ASHTON LEYWIN POV:

"DAMMIT! Why cant I fucking get this stupid technique right!" I yelled in frustration.

'I'm telling you, use your eye magic and look at the lightning hares closer.' Jen responded to my anger

'Whatever I'll do it, just don't expect me to magicly understand.' I thought as I focused on the mana near the hares. Watching the mana I saw how it flowed through them seamlessly as if they didnt think about it.

Finishing the few hares that were there I started to intake the right amount of mana while letting mana escape through my mana channels. Mindlessly letting mana flow like it wouldn't matter how much I let out.

'There you go. I'm shocked you were able to learn that quickly.' Jen said as I willed fire under my feet. 'And you ruined it.' she continued.

"Damn, if I was that close I'll have it mastered soon.' I replied.

ARTHUR LEYWIN POV:

After a few hours, we got up with our mana somewhat replenished and continued marching down. This hall wasnt as long as the previous ones but at the end of the hall was a large, double door with unfamiliar runes etched all over it.

"I-I dont get it. Even this part is different. There was never a door here," Brald groaned, shaking his head.

"The only thing that was the same was the first cave, where the batrunners had been," he continued, analyzing the runes. He tried to touch it but with his dominant hand gone, he just swung his stub hollowly at the air. After he realized what he was doing, he cursed aloud and walked to the back.

"Well, no use complaining about it now," Reginald shrugged, lifting up his hammer. "I dont know what those runes or symbols are but there are cracks all over them. I doubt theyll do much now," he said as he swung his hammer.

The impact his silver hammer made against the old, metal doors created a shower of sparks as a deep thud boomed.

Reginald was visibly shocked by the sturdiness of the door as it lay intact.

"Impact Blast!" The door shuddered this time, but stayed firm.

"Impact Blast!" The blow this time was harder and the door clicked before opening just a little. Stepping forward, Reginald gripped at the slight opening and pried the doors open.

I couldnt see what was on the other side, but the burly augmenter took a step back as he muttered, "What in the..."

ASHTON LEYWIN POV:

Feeling how the mana flowed through me as I stopped focusing on it. Starting to replicate the same rate as before I increased the mana intake to how much the fire under my feet spent mana.

'Work on the timing and you got it. Anyway I'll head over to the dungeon. It'll take me a little though.' Jen answered, seeming kind of tired.

'Alright I'll see you there.' I said as I took off to the dungeon.

ARTHUR LEYWIN POV:

On the other side of the large doors was a beautiful meadow that stretched out far beyond my view. As we all peered agape at the brightly lit field of grass that glittered like polished emeralds, for a moment, the fact that we were underground seemed like a dream.

"Let me guess, this field wasnt here last time either," Reginald muttered as his eyes stayed glued to the enrapturing scenery in front of him.

Brald let out a sharp breath as he continued to stare at the field. "N-No, nothing of the sort."