DC meeting

Watching her and Bairon walk away I knew that we were behind, far behind. From the moment she shattered kanshou's edge, without actually trying to injure us, I knew I couldn't win. 'Is shirou in the room.'
'No. he's been training with his sword.' she sent back.
'Alright, I'ma step in then.'
"Art, I'm gonna shadow step back to my room, you want a ride?" I asked as I stepped into his shadow.
Turning he held his hand out "I'd appreciate that."
I grabbed his wrist and fell backward in my own shadow. As the world turned grayscale it blurred as we flew toward our destination. Looking at Arthur for the split second we were there his eyes glowed a bright lavender. Popping out from the shadow the chair casted I instantly spoke. "Did you use your beast will?"
He had a surprised look on his face "no? But why didn't you tell me your eye would turn red?"
"I'm sorry, my what did what now?!" I felt my eyes widen as I quickly made a makeshift mirror of ice. Looking in it I saw my silver and blue eyes looking back so it wasn't a lasting change at least. "Wait, both or just one?"
"The blue one was a bright crimson." he said as he pointed at it.
Letting out a tired sigh I placed my hands on my face. "I'm too tired for this, I'll figure it out tomorrow."
"Alright, let me know if anything happens" Art said as he walked out of my dorm.
'Alright Jen, go train. I'll watch Shirou throughout the night.' I said as I felt the world blur around me again. I opened my eyes to see the ceiling of Art's classroom. Hearing the grunts and swings of a sword I stayed laying on the floor I was on.
'alright, try to get some sleep.' I felt Jen's presence stretch further away, finally reaching the beast glades.
Finally I heard the door open and close causing me to get up and look. Seeing he was gone I got up and jumped up and followed him. He didn't do anything besides just walking back to the door which I almost forgot to shadow step back in before he walked in.
Flopping on the bed instantly I was half asleep. I heard him walk in so I just layed there hoping he'd just go to bed. Which he did! Thank whatever gods is out there.
I just jinxed myself didn't I?
_______________________
Walking into the DC room I couldn't help but notice the mix of emotions that plagued everyone there grief, anger, and helplessness. It was written on their faces like someone tattooed them in their sleep.
Arthur was standing in front of me facing Claire. I couldn't see his face but the words he said caught me completely off guard. "How did he die."
Quickly stepping up next to him I asked them to catch me up "whoa, whoa, who did first off?"
Curtis spoke up. "Marcois... the medics and artificers attending him couldn't stop his mana leakage."
"Mana leakage? Even though he was unconscious?" Arthur asked with clenched fists.
Claire looked down slightly "it had something to do with those symbols on his back."
"Did... did they find anything?" I hoped they found something, please, please tell me I chose right by not scanning him.
"Little." Kathlyn stoic as ever she stood up as she went on. "And what they did find they aren't disclosing."
No. why. Why the hell didn't I scan him. I should've- No. stop. It's over. You can't change the past, you've learned this before. I've let everything go to my head haven't I?
Kai spoke up next "even their parents refuse to disclose anything to them at this point."
Suddenly theo slammed his fists down "what the hell is the point of having a disciplinary committee if they're gonna keep us out of anything remotely important!"
"Regardless..." Claire turned and placed her hands on the table. "Now that Ashton and Arthur are back we'll reorganize and strengthen our patrol schedules."
"Although this is the first year this committee has existed, I've been working with Director Goodsky and our student council president on how we should efficiently structure and run the disciplinary committee in order to create an environment that will not tolerate bullying, dissented duels, as well as intruders. For that, we decided to split the disciplinary committee into two teams. These two teams are separated by underclassmen and upperclassmen. The upperclassmen—Theodore, Curtis, Kai and myself—will split into pairs and watch over the campus in the morning since we don't have classes. The underclassmen—Kathyln, Feyrith, Doradrea, Ashton and Arthur—will also split into two teams and go around campus in the afternoon while the upperclassmen have classes." Claire began writing all of our names on the board, divided into the teams she had already decided on.
Before I had the chance to ask, Claire already knew what I was about to say and interjected.
"Since Arthur and Ashton are taking both upper division and lower division classes, they will be waived from that duty. However, they are to be on standby at all times in case backup is needed. Also, I've gotten permission from Director Goodsky to allow you to be 10 minutes late to classes, so just take your time between classes and be on the lookout for any trouble." She smiled in satisfaction.
"That being said, I've already discussed the matter of who will be scouting the campus alone between the underclassmen and Kathyln has volunteered to take on this task. Kathyln, remember that even though the upperclassmen are in class, we will still help you. You are a part of the disciplinary committee so if you're caught in a situation where you're not confident in being able to handle it yourself, call for help." She turned her gaze to Kathyln while saying this. The princess simply nodded while Curtis wore a slight look of concern on his face.
Feyfey raised his hand. "How are we going to communicate with each other?" Feyfey raised his hand
"We haven't told you guys yet but if you imagine any of the members in the disciplinary committee while placing your hand on the insignia on the sheath of your knife, the recipient's knife will emit a bright light and a soft shock, notifying them who is in trouble. Each of the members' knives has a distinct color so remember them well." While Claire announced this, she began writing the different colors our DC knives would glow.
Claire - Pink
Kai - Silver
Theodore - Yellow
Feyrith - Green
Doradrea - Dark Red
Curtis - Red
Kathyln - Blue
Arthur - purple
Ashton - Black
"The last matter of business is surveillance at night. I know that this might be a bit too much for one person so we'll be taking turns in pairs with this task." Our leader looked around in case there were any disagreements.
"Can I volunteer to take over my sister's shift as well? Call me overprotective but I'm not comfortable knowing Kathyln might be in danger while I'm fast asleep." Curtis spoke up while scratching his head but looked at me specifically.
"Are you sure you can handle that, Curtis? It's going to be tough doing two people's shifts at night," Claire asked.
I looked over at Kathyln, noticing that she wanted to interject but she kept her thoughts to herself.
"Kathyln is my partner for night duties, right? I can do it by myself," Art spoke up. I could sort of understand from his perspective, being an older brother myself.
"You don't have to..." Kathyln spoke as she stood up but I could tell she was conflicted and couldn't find the words to say after.
"Why don't I fill in for her? I have a morning shift, so I'll sleep between them. Plus, like Art I'm exempt from the afternoon shifts." I reasoned as I raised my head off my hand.
"Hmm... well, since Kathyln is scouting by herself during the afternoon, I think this would be fair. Okay, I'll allow it, but Ashton, Arthur, Kathyln, I can already tell you three are the type to try and handle things on your own. However, I'm ordering you all as the leader to call for help immediately as soon as you think you need it." She leaned forward on the table, stating her conditions in a firm voice.
"Got it," Art and I promised as Kathyln nodded.
"Okay, since all of the technical matters are settled, you guys are free to leave or stay here and practice until classes start. The room will always be open for DC members so think of this as a second house! I've already camped here for a couple of nights, haha!" Claire scratched the back of her head in embarrassment.
I let out a deep breath in relief. Looks like I could have a little less than an hour of sleep before my first class started. There were a couple of couches that looked perfect for a power nap on the lower floor. Seems Art had the same idea as he had started toward them as well.
"Let's spar for a bit, pretty boy! I've sparred with everyone else here but you and your brother." Doradrea shot me an excited grin as she dragged Art from behind onto the designated sparring arena.
"I'm still not fully healed, Doradrea. I don't think this is the best idea," Art  groaned as he was dragged helplessly.
"Stop being a baby! The best way to get rid of that soreness is to move around, don't you know?" She let him go and walked over to the other side of the arena.
Claire walked towards us, giving Art an apologetic look. She was about to stop the spar when Theodore walked past her and approached Doradrea as she was stretching.
"Move it," he growled.
"Aww... no fair." Doradrea grumbled as she slumped her shoulders, disappointed.
He looked at Arthur then to me "silver get over here."
Great. Now I've got another crappy name.
Arthur quickly walked by me patting my shoulder. dick.
Claire just sighed in defeat. "All right but Ashton is injured so this will only go on for a minute. Let me activate the barrier this time so we don't have any more cracked walls."
I may be injured but I was excited since I'd wanted to duel against Theodore as well. I figured fighting against deviants might help me learn a thing or two from them, hence the deviant training class.
"Anything you want to say before we start?" Theodore asked while he cracked his neck.
"Sure. Can I call you Theo if I win? It's only fair for me to give you a nickname since you already gave me one, right?" I shot him a smirk while I stretched my still aching body.
I could literally see veins popping on his head, as everyone's face twisted into a horrified expression.
"You sure are full of yourself, silver twerp. Fine, but if I win, you're going to be my little minion for the rest of your school life." He had a confident smile on his face as the rest of the DC members all got situated around the arena.
"Remember, this duel will last one minute or until someone lands the first hit. That's final!" Claire barked as she unsheathed her sword and stabbed it in the ground.
We both nodded and Claire gave the signal.
Theo dashed forward like an angry bull. I myself augmented my feet with earth mana and my legs with wind mana.
[Flash step]
In an instant I was back where he had started. He quickly turned around and charged back.
Placing my hand on the ground I whispered. "Wonderland" the entire area was covered in a thick layer of ice causing theo stil slip slightly. Steadying himself he roared and slammed his fist into the ground shattering the ice using gravity magic.
Figures.
Every step he took from that point shattered the ice under him. Back peddling I sent small projectiles of earth and Ice at varying lengths to test his range. Finally getting fed up with this he yelled "do you really think I'll let you keep running!"
Giving a chuckle "you have to if you can't catch me!"
Letting out a roar from my comment the projectiles floated up and he darted at me with speeds I didn't think the giant could reach even with gravity magic. Using [flash step] again I flashed behind him and crouched placing my hand on the ground. Chunks of earth flew at him and were flung into the sky as they got close.
Charging at him I felt everything in my body protest as the gravity increased around me.
"[up draft]"
The gravity around him was lighted and I sent a large gale of wind to send him rocketing up into the clumps of rock and dirt that were being forced down on him by his own gravity magic.
He fell down with a thunk and I quickly knocked the rocks away so they didn't land on him.
"STOP!"
Claire got in between the two of us as she made sure Theodore was okay. He got up grumbling and dusted himself off.
"Good job, theo. If you would've kept your distance I think you would've won that honestly." I said as I walked back to the couch that didn't have Art sleeping on it. Quickly letting myself fall onto it "Kath, do you mind if I take a nap beside you?"
She turned her head so that the light bounced off in a way that made her skin glow, it almost made me forget what I had asked. "Sure, I don't mind."
Taking a second I made myself comfortable while not getting in her space and quickly drifted off to sleep
===========================================================
Uh idk I feel weird about this chapter idk I don't see what to change but just like a subconscious thin ig

Sincerely world eater