the blood god's appearance

After my patrols I just stayed in the training room all night working on my wind magic. I tore my jacket and shirt up pretty bad in the process. I saw my knife light up to the side, purple. Arthur? Shadow stepping to the roof of the library, noticing it was still very early.

'He's fine, he's in the disciplinary hall.' Jen informed me.

"Shit, I'm late!" I quickly shadow stepped back and gathered my stuff. 'Jen, is there anyone near the entrance?'

'Not that I can sense.' instantly I shadow stepped to the entrances and jogged to the group.

"Sorry I'm late." I watched most of them look at me funny when I waved.

"Oh my god! Ash! Are you ok?" Claire gasped.

"Did you and your bond get in a fight or something?" Curtis asked as he stood up.

"Huh?" Looking down I realized my clothes were shredded up the arms and legs. "Oh no, I was just training all night."

Art raised an eyebrow at me. "Did you even sleep? The bags under your eyes are telling me no."

"Nah, I didn't realize it was even morning. I was in the training rooms all night so I didn't really have a way to tell."

Claire stood up and pointed at the couch. "Go rest, We can fill you in later. For now you need sleep."

"Claire I'm fi-" by that point Curtis was about to start dragging me to the couch.

"Ashton, get some rest or you won't get cleared for combat today." God dang it Curtis. You'll make a good speaker one day, guess that comes with being a prince.

Sighing, I turned around and headed for the couch. "Alright, fine." laying down sleep washed over me faster than ever.

________________________

Walking out of the medical wing a large grin plastered on my face. "I can't wait to get into some serious fights now." I stretched as I walked down to my 4th class of the day.

"Mystery boy!" Glory's still calling me that!?! "Perfect timing. You'll be on a team with Mr. Vinea, Ms. grephin, and ms. bladeheart."

I looked over to see those three getting ready, and then I saw our opponents. Arthur, Curtis, Tessia, and some guy I didn't know the name of. "Ok what are we doing, same as last time?"

"Capture the flag!" she called out throwing me some gear.

"Don't you think that's a little unfair with your two fastest students on one team?"

"You're doubting your classmates. Now go get ready." she walked away and back to the rest of the class, then climbed on Torch.

"Ok..." I walked over to my team and started putting the gear on. "Sorry Claire, I know you're the leader of the DC, but I know the opposite team the best. So I want to take charge this time around."

She looked at me and smiled "of course, I'll be happy to let you lead."

Giving her a nod I started laying out the plan. "So Arthur will be the biggest issue. Levina, he's your responsibility. I'll back you up if needed, be careful he can and will react to your speed. Erik, you and Jen will be keeping Curtis busy. He'll be tough to go against; he is a flame elemental after all. Claire, you'll be with me. We're gonna be fighting Tess and the other guy, knock the random out and then either you or me will be free to go after their flag. Now, any question?"

Levina raised an eyebrow "isn't your bond a little small to compete with a world lion?"

Jen climbed from my shadow. "Right, you've never seen her at full size." 'stop before your horns are too big.'