not ideal...

"It's just gone?"

"Yes, they searched for hours and even went through the pile of remaining unidentified corpses searching to see if your arm was lumped in with it." Terse sighed as she leaned against the desk. It was just her, me, and Darcel now as Jen went to train with this Alrice person.

"So what do I do? Just let you fix up my core and then we start training or what?" I asked as I really didn't know what to do, the only real possibility I was invisoning was that they found my arm.

"Well, that would be the easiest course of action." she said as if we had another choice. "But mr. reckless has made a suggestion that I personally would love to try out."

I raised an eyebrow at the grinning fleabag that was to my right. "What exactly is this plan of yours?"

"Well, I was thinking that since she needs someone who might be able to match you in terms of compatibility for my circuits, why not just give you my arm?"

"Huh?"

"Clean your ears out brat, he's willing to give you his arm." Terse interjected as she walked up to him and started to measure his arm. "I need you to know this has never been done before, so both myself, Gother, Broly, Serena, and Alrice will be here to help make sure you two don't die. Though it is a real possibility."

"Darcel, you can't be serious... you, but what if- how is that even going to work? You are an asura and I'm just a human. Do you even know what the side effects might be?"

"Nope"

"Nope."

They responded in unison, these crazy fucking wolves...

"Ok... so, I, ugh! Are you really ok with this Darcel?" Terse had moved on to me measuring my remaining arm and the stump on the other side.

"Yep, if it works you'll be stronger than ever. If it doesn't, just cut it off again." he smirked as he went and sat on the chair. "I've got the least risky role in this situation so don't worry too much."

Terse walked over and grabbed a large knife from a shelf. "Whoa whoa whoa. You're doing it now?"

"Yep"

"Yep"

They're like twins... creepy.

"Ugh, whatever I don't care," I hung my head and sat down at the desk.

_____________________________

Now it was my turn, I was already up on the chair with Broly, Terse and Serena standing around me. Darcel was fine but just for safe measures he was being looked over by Gother, Alrice, and Jen just in case this somehow affected him as well.

"Listen brat, I want you to know we'll do everything in our power to keep you alive but I make no promises." Terse said with a slight edge, she knew there was a serious chance that something bad would go down.

"Alright let's get this going. Tell Jen I love her if I don't make it." and with that I felt a small pulse of mana run through me before I felt the blackness of the void washed over me.

____________________________

Waking up my whole body ached and I swear my entire arm was missing. Sitting up I looked down to see my left arm covered in a thick white cloth. I had a hand! I had a hand again!

I threw the blanket off and saw I now had gray sweatpants that seemed to have a bit of padding, oir it was just really thick. The shirt was light and breathable considering it didn't have sleeves, it was tight as well which would be good for training."