Chapter 1

As am running through the field of flowers, I couldn't help but stop and breathe in the fresh air.

"Medovyy, we should get going before it's dark." My mom called. (Honey)

"But mom, Sassy, and I aren't ready yet."

"Well, I am, come on honey." I didn't want to leave yet, I wanted to stay.

"Come on sassy, let's go." I said with a frown as we walked from the park to the big house we called home.

My mom was a beautiful woman. She had long silky black hair, brown eyes, and the most amazing smile.

My mom had me when she was on the run. We have had it pretty hard ever since she left Russia. Then she met Richard. He was cool and he owned a gigantic house. They got married after knowing each other for nine months. That's when he became my stepdad, I never knew my actual dad, and every time I asked my mom she would just ignore me. 

---

When mom opened the door I rushed in to search for Richie but he was not here yet. Richie owns a lot of buildings so he was always on the plane.

"Why don't you and sassy go and play with your bow and arrows. When dinner is ready I will call okay."

"Yes mother" 

"Do you always make your mother tell you what to do?" Sassy said

"If you don't shut your mouth, the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth," I said with an angry look. She scoffed and headed to the weapons room.

Sassy was very Sassy. She was my imaginary friend ever since I was four. She had brown hair that stopped above her shoulder with brown eyes and had a very thin face. She was a little bit older, I was seven she was eleven even though she can be mean she was always there for me and so we stuck together. 

I picked up my bow and walked over to the arrows where sassy was. 

“Why does your dad have a weapons room, like isn't that suspicious," Sassy asked. 

"First, he's not my dad, and second I don't really pry in other's lives like you do sassy for all we could know he might be a spy. Why do you care anyways you're not even real." Rolling my eyes, I concentrated on my target.

"What no comment. " I asked "That's the first," I mumbled.

After a minute or two, I look around with concern to see her with an I'm thinking face on.

I placed my bow and arrow on the table and looked at her.

"You're overthinking it, Sassy, he's just travel's a lot." 

"Maybe, but I find it very weird that he has never once told you or your mom where he goes." I thought of what she said but before I could think about it any further I was called for dinner.

Sitting at the table I decided to ask her about it.

"Mom, where did Richie go?" I asked looking up from my food.

"He went somewhere far from here honey."

"But where." I pushed the vegetables away from my plate.

"You don't have to worry about that but what you should be worried about is coming off your suspension tomorrow. Richie will hear about that as soon as he comes home." She used a fork and pushed back my vegetables.

"Mom, I said I was sorry already," I said with a pout. 

"I shouldn't be the one to whom you should apologize." I sighed as I realized who she's talking about. 

I was at school and the teacher asked what we wanted to be when we grew up. A boy said he wanted to be an astronaut and I said NASA stopped sending monkeys to the moon a long time ago. He got all angry and called me a gay prick all because I kissed a girl, I just wanted to see how Nancy tasted like because all the other boys said she tasted like cherries. 

I got upset and punched him in the neck and said that I was straighter than the pole his mom dances on. His mom was a stripper but he was too dumb to know that. I was sent to the principal office and he was sent to the hospital because I punched him in the throat. I was suspended for a week. That week is gonna end tomorrow. Unfortunately for me the parents of the boy were probably gonna sue. 

I was broken out of my thoughts when my mom asked me to wash the dishes. As I was washing them a bright light shined on me, I was on a step stool so I was able to look out the window.

"Mom who's car is that," I asked.

"What are you talking about, we aren't expecting vis-" She stopped mid-sentence while looking out the window with wide eyes.

She grabbed me and ran upstairs into her room. She helped me up into the little secret passage at the top of the closet.

"Annika baby, you're gonna be really quiet for me okay honey, and don't come out. I love you so much my baby girl, you've grown into a wonderful young woman."

"I love you too mom but you're scaring me what’s going on." She was a crying mess and it made me want to cry. We heard shouting coming from outside. She turned around and then turned back to me and took the necklace off her neck.

"You keep this for me okay. When you find another necklace like this tell the person who owns it that I love him and I am so sorry. I love you now, keep this closed at all times." She said and all I could do was nod. She closed the overhead door, the only thing I could see was darkness. I heard footsteps along with banging.

I heard shouting but I didn't listen. Soon I heard loud footsteps coming upstairs.

"Where is she?" A deep voice asked.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I heard my mom say, I could hear her sobbing.

"We searched everywhere sir, she's nowhere to be found." Another voice joined in. Then I heard glass smashing.

"Fanculo" (Fuck)

"What should we do with her, Sir."

"Kill her, she's not what we're here for."

"But sir, she is the ex-fiance and I am sure he still loves her."

"It's been seven years he might have some feelings for her but not as much as he will have for his daughter. People are saying that his four sons might not be taking over. This means she might imagine what killing his only daughter and heir will do to him. Now, as I said before, uccidila." (Kill her)

Bang

I jumped up from the sheet in sweats and panting. I quickly felt for the necklace on my neck slowly calming down as I felt it in my grasp.

"GET UP YOU LITTLE SLUT BREAKFAST ISN'T GOING TO COOK ITSELF!"