Chapter 43

"This guy is a major criminal." We looked at the plastic barbie who was sitting on Luka's lap.

"Everybody in this room is a criminal, love." Nikolai said, looking at her.

“Here is the plan." He took out a big piece of paper with drawings on it.

"Alexi, Karina Lev, and I will be at the party. Nikolai and Waylan are going to be in a van to disable the cameras while Luka and Annika are in the other building." Matvey pointed at where we all were going to be.

“Why does Luka have to be with her?" Barbie asked.

“Because Annika is one of our best shooters. I have seen her shoot and she needs an eye, someone to lookout. I trust Luka and if anything was to happen he knows what to do." I looked at Luka our eyes met but he quickly diverted them, tightening his hands around Barbie's waist.

“After we reach our main target we leave.” Matvey looked up at us to make sure we were following.

"Can I  drive?" Waylan asked

"Waylan baby your shit driver," Karina said. Waylan placed a hand over his chest.

"I'm hurt." 

"She's not wrong though." Lev pointed out. After spending hours trying to make a plan I was stuck to watch plastic barbie kiss, Luka, over and fucking over again. It's not that I'm jealous, relationships like that never last. 

I was in the hallways against the wall doing papers. Matvey told me that once I turned nineteen I will be of chances of taking over and am not even sure about it as yet. I mean it's a big deal but I don't want to let him down.

I heard heels clicking on the floor looking up. I saw Barbie walking around.

"Lost?" I asked her. She looked at me, giggling as she walked over to me.

"I was looking for Luka." Nodding, I continued to finish the papers.

"Are you not going to tell me where he is?" She smiled sweetly at me.

"Do I look like his personal bitch. He's probably in the office doing paperwork that he missed out on." Rolling my eyes, I went back to the papers.

“Why do you always wear black.” She eyed my outfit.

Sighing with frustration I looked up at her.

“Just in case you die.” I calmly said.

"I know your past relationship with my Luka, he never personally told me but I see the way you look at the both of us. It must hurt to see the man you love to be with someone twice prettier than you."

"If you are twice prettier than me then we don't need to have this conversation because if you are prettier than me then that means Luka won't come back to me meaning that you are scared he will. You have only known him for a day. I haven't known him long either but at least he didn't have to pick me up from the streets." I picked up my papers and stood up.

"If I were you...Fuck that. I would never be you but you should be scared you're just a rebound, a girl that he uses to hide his emotions from the real world." I walked away not looking back. I walked into Karina's room throwing my papers onto the table and jumped on the bed beside her.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Everything," I said, and she started filing her nails down. 

"Luka doesn't seem like the type to break up with girls because they were cuddling with another guy. He has to have another reason, Luka is very closed off. He keeps his past life to himself. He's not damaged, just hurt." She continued to file down her nails.

Hurt from what." I watched as she admired her nails.

"Daddy issues." Making an oh shape with lips I nodded understanding.

"No one exactly knows what's wrong with him, only Matvey but he's also closed off." She got up and walked to the door.

"I heard you got a new car, have you ever driven it before?" Sitting up I smiled at her.

"I know this abandoned airport is not too far from here." She said, I got up and went down to the garage.

"I've never driven a car like this." She came over with the keys and got into the passenger seat.

"Well, there's always a first." I got in, I turned on the car, and slowly drove out of the building. Going through the front gate I looked at Karina, she sat back in the seat giving me a nod.

Breathing in, I pressed my foot on the gas. Karina pointed out the direction to the airport driving, I felt the breeze on me.

Turning into the abandoned airport, I went to the back where all the planes used to be.

“This is cool."

"Okay, drifting is all about timing." She turned to look at me.

"One wrong move and we will end up on the roof of this car." 

“You're going to drive to that turn when approaching the turn you're going to slide sideways, focus on your clutch, and brake. Also this bad boy right here you don't have to use.”

“Okay." I started driving, picking up speed.

“Turn." I instantly turned around the corner sliding the car, coming from the corner I managed to get the car back straight. Karina screamed out happily. Stopping the car we got out. She ran over to hug me.

“You are like a professional" 

"Well, I have a great teacher." She walked back around to get back when she stopped. Her eyes were on the wrecked building, staring her in the eyes. I slowly took our guns from the car.

"I saw movement over there." She slowly said.

"We're not alone." I could feel eyes on me.

"Annika we're going back in the car you're going to drive as fast as possible." We slowly went back in the car, closing the door I breathed. I saw a figure from the corner of my eye.

"Karina." She turned to me and her eyes widened when she saw a man at the building.

"Drive Annika, NOW." I started the engine I drove off picking up speed. I turned the corner and we drove out of the airport not looking back.