Chapter 29

"Viktoria, what a lovely surprise." I said plastering on the best fake smile I could put on.

"Yes, a surprise indeed. You are supposed to be dead if I'm correct. You were kidnapped.” She said, looking at me suspiciously.

"How do you know I was kidnapped? I could have ran away," I asked.

"You don't have the courage to run away from us and we have street cameras. Mom and dad are very angry at you." Of course, it's normal to be angry at someone for getting kidnapped.

"Again we thought you were dead. Now here you are coming out of a room the same hot guy came out of a few minutes ago wearing that." She looked me up and down. 

"That looks very expensive for your body. We always knew you were a whore but to fake your kidnap and become a full-time slut just to have all this is pathetic." She walked up closer to me standing my ground and she came in my face.

My hands slowly moved to my gun on my leg. Don't kill Annika, don't kill her not with a gun at least we should use a better weapon like an ax. Ohh an ax chops her intestines out.

"You know what's pathetic Vikotira, what's pathetic is how you've been running behind me trying to make some snarky comment but I'm flattered that I'm always a rendering topic in your life makes me feel famous." I turned on my heels walking away.

"I'M GOING TO TELL MOM AND DAD ABOUT THIS." She shouted.

"GO FUCKING DO IT LIKE I GIVE A SHIT" I screamed at her as I walked into the ballroom. I walked into Niki.

"Dad said that I must keep an eye on you." Raising my eyebrow at Nikolai I made an oh with my mouth understanding what he meant.

"I don't need a babysitter, Niki," I said walking past him.

"Oh, you think I wanna watch my deranged little sister for the rest of the night. I was just talking to a beautiful girl and I was ripped away from her." He said while following me. 

"Oh, how sad and I am not deranged," I yelled as quietly as possible.

"Yeah, you keep telling yourself that." Alexi and Karina walked over looking bothered.

"Some businessmen just don't know when the fuck to shut up." Karina glared at someone across the room.

"Annika doesn't think she's deranged." Rolling my eyes I grabbed another glass from a tray passing by us.

"Oh, baby you are deranged" Karina gave me a sympathetic look.

"Yeah baby doll you are." Alexi sent me a smile.

"Such lovely friends I have." My eyes started to scan the room when it stopped at a couple. Richard and Alyona. Alyona was glaring at me while Richard looked furious beside them Viktoria was smirking at me like she accomplished the biggest thing of her life.

"Where is everybody else?" Niki asked, looking around.

"Waylan and Matvey are in the middle of sealing a deal, Michail and Luka are just chatting over there with some guys. Lev is over there talking about guns." Karina smiled. Her damn observant eyes.

Looking back at where Richard was I didn't see him nor did I see the two queen bitches.

"Okay Annika, is something wrong you haven't been yourself this evening," Alexi asked, Karina, slapped his arm to tell him to shut up.

"Ouch fucking Suka." He rubbed his arm glaring at her. (Bitch)

“I need some air." I said walking away.  

"I'm coming with you and don't look at me like that." I scoffed. Going through the doors the cold air hit me. Winter was here already. The year was coming to an end.

"Do we ever have parties?" I rubbed my hands on my arm trying to cool myself. He took off his jacket and wrapped it around me.

"Yes, we are different from the others you know, we care about our men and the women but not everyone knows that we're all a big family." He rolled up his sleeve pointing at a tattoo written in Russian.

"Blood makes you related, loyalty makes you family," I mumbled. It started snowing hard.

"We should get back inside." Nodding, he walked me back to the group. Looking up, Richard, Alyona and Viktoria were with them talking to Matvey. Walking up everyone looked at us. Richard watched me.

"Mr. Anderson." Niki greeted him with a smile. I kept my mouth shut moving near Matvey, he looked at me with confusion. I wanted to bang my head against the wall. Richard turned his attention back to me.

"Am sorry don't think we have met before," Richard said, I scowled at him. 

"Oh yes, this is my daughter." Matvey placed his hand on my back. Richard's face fell. I stuck my hand out.

"Annika Volkov, a pleasure to see you again." He shook my hand. Viktoria and Alyona watched me with jealousy surging through their eyes.

"Again? You two know each other." Matvey looked between us. Richard was about to say something but I cut him off.

"Yes, he's my stepfather," I said, looking him straight in the eye.

"You're the one that Mila got married to," Matvey said, I looked at him then back at Richard.

"Your the one that Mila ran from." Richard smiled at him. Looking at Matvey he looked like he was about to pounce at him. I gave Alexi a look, he just shrugged. I placed my hand on Matveys chest.

"I would like to leave now father," I said looking him in the eye, he calmed down. Alexi went to get the other three before coming back.

“I will no longer do business with you." He turned around and walked away. Luka came over to me, I held out my hand for him to take it. He took and I sent a smirk towards Alyona and her bitches. 

"What was that about?" 

"That was my stepfather." His grip tightened around my hand.  We stepped into the limousine and went home. Cuddling up with Luka I felt at peace.