Chapter 4

Dragging myself up the stairs, I was forced to wash the dishes afterward even though I looked busted. After finishing, I walked out just wanting to sleep and clean up my bruises but Alyona called me from the living room.

"Fetch me some more wine, we're out." She was sitting on a couch with an empty glass in her hand.

"You drank them off," I said in the most respectful way I could. I didn't want another set of whippings.

"WELL THEN BUY SOME MORE!! What are we paying you to just stand around and look ugly." She yelled at me with annoyance laced through her words. I'm not even getting fucking paid.

"But it's midnight and the only store open that is selling liquor is thirty minutes away." She wasn't an alcoholic, she just love to always have a glass of wine.

"WELL, DO I LOOK LIKE I CARE. TAKE THIS AND GO AND BUY MY WINE." She threw the ruble at me and pushed me out the door and closed it in my face. 

The night air was chilly and I didn't have my jacket with me. Rubbing my sore hands together I started walking which turned into limping. There weren't many cars on the road. The street light would flicker every now and then, while the night would get colder every second. 

Twenty minutes into walking I heard a car approaching my way, not looking back I could tell it was a van by the sound of the engine. After a minute when the van didn't pass, I looked from the corner of my eye to see it was slowing down, on top of that it was black which blended in with the darkness. I started to speed up my walk the best I could. That's when I heard the doors open, trying to walk faster I looked from the corner of my eye to see black hooded guys coming out and heading in my direction. Great so fucking great.

"Ey, ty," one shouted. (Hey,you) I started running across the street looking back as if they were on my tail. I was already weak from the beating so I didn't have a chance of fighting back but I kept running.

I tripped over the crack on the sidewalk and tumbled over hitting my head.

I screamed out in pain. I pressed my hand on my head to see blood. The hooded men caught up and grabbed me. I was too weak to fight back but I didn't want to die so I kept kicking. 

“Get off me you dirty fuckers.” I tried kicking them but one grabbed my legs but I kept kicking. He held on tighter to my feet making me shriek out in pain again because of my bruises. They placed a cloth over my nose, I tried kicking, pushing but I slowly fell into darkness.