The Salvation

Niharika POV.

I couldn't sleep properly the last night. Every story I read, told that when your lover sleeps hugging you, you get the best sleep. But here I am with my erratic heart, still pounding at how he is hugging me. Not to mention, my one side has gone completely numb, all thanks to this huge bear lying on me. I can't complain though, he looks too cute for that.

The only thing worrying me is why did he cry, what happened that made him cry so much. He never cried in front of me, he always keeps his cold unbothered front.

A bit of me is happy too, finally he can trust me with his emotions. Glancing at the clock, it was already past 8 in the morning. I have to get up and prepare for the day. The dinosaurs are coming back to today.
(P.S. Dinosaurs are my in laws)

Author POV.

With great difficulty, Niharika slided from under Ranvijay. Groaning in sleep, Ranvijay pulled Niharika closer if possible. Finding no other options, Niharika slightly caressed his hairs, gently calling him. "Hmmmmm...", "I have to go, your parents will be coming today ", the word parents etched Ranvijay. He half opened his eyes, Niharika kissed his frown and left him with a pillow to carry about the day.

Rushing to the kitchen, she made a quick breakfast and started preparing for lunch. Lunch in Indian household is three course meal. But Niharika knew her way round the kitchen. All the dishes were done with in 9.45. She hurriedly did the dishes, packed their lunches and wiped clean the house with in half an hour. Looking at the clock, she went to her bedroom, and called Ranvijay.

"Hey, won't you go to office today?", asked Niharika whispering in her husband's ear. Ranvijay was wide awake, but he pretended to be asleep, just so he can avoid the embarrassment of last night. He never cries. He was taught crying is a sign of weakness. And he cried in front of his wife.  How can he face her now?

Niharika being an observant, understood he was faking sleep. It wasn't difficult to understand that he may be embarrassed, she expected this. So what she did, "I am going to get ready, if I don't see you awake by then, I will pour water over you. So, before I come back, I want this tea which I have kept on the bedside table finished. Okay?", a smile made its way on Ranvijay's face.
He thought to himself,"What am I? A two year old to be threatened like that!"

But his smile soon disappeared, when Niharika plastered a kiss on his cheek, and went away. Ranvijay was baffled, flustered, excited all at the same time. What is this girl!

The whole day went in a blur for them, Ranvijay attending meetings, doing works and Niharika taking classes.

After returning home, Niharika was dead tired, but she quickly ordered food not wanting to cook, and heating up the left overs for Ranvijay as he didn't like ordered food that much.

It was already 8 p.m. but Ranvijay was yet to return which worried her to some extent. Soon her in laws ringed the bell. She welcomed them warmly despite her hatred towards them.

Not just a minute inside, Ranvijay's mom, Savithri started pointing out flaws, while Ranvijay's father Randeep remained nonchalant.

"What an imbecile wife we had arranged, can't even cook for dinner. Haven't you learnt anything back in your home?", taunted Savithri. Niharika kept mum, cause all she had was sarcastic comments running through her mind, but she can't tell her mother in law, "What an imbecile mother in law you are, can't even cook a meal for your son? Should I show you the Yama Tsuki I learnt?", could she!

With some constant bickering, bragging, taunting, they both retired to sleep in their rooms, not even bothering to ask about their son. How ironical.