You and I

(**A short update since I have exam, and can't write longer and also can't resist uploading on Valentine's!
Dedicated to Magicalpenner so you stop eating my head)

13th February, 11:58 am;

"Ranvijay, wake up!" Niharika called Ranvijay shaking him vigorously in his sleep.

"Wh..what ...what happened?" Ranvijay was a bit shocked, he said in a groggy voice, still sleepy, rubbing his eyes like a kid, "What's wrong Niharika?"

"Wake up, I have a surprise for you!"

"What? Why?"

She checked the clock, just some seconds away from 12, "wait a minute.... ummm.. okay... Happy Valentine's Day, hubby."

Ranvijay rubbed his face, a faint smile lighting up his face. "We are not kids anymore!"

"So what? I am only 2+ years with you! Come on, Ju, don't be a spoil sport." She whined like a little kid, knowing very well, he can't resist her babyish charm.

"Okay!"

He walked with her in the balcony, to see she has set up some candles, with some lofi romantic music in the background. The whole balcony was lit up with fairy lights only. Some potted plants, a rug on the floor with a small stool holding some plates of foods.

He stopped abruptly holding her hand, "Wait, I didn't bring any gift."

"That's a grave sin, Mr. Husband Ju, there is only one way for your escape."

He chuckled at her antic, "What that might  be?"

She squealed like an excited kid, "Kisses."

He smiled at her. He held her nape with one hand, placing a kiss on her forehead.

She turned her face to one side, urging him to kiss there with action. He smiled and kissed her cheek. She turned her face the other way, and he kissed at her other cheek again. She looked at him with a glowing smile.

He cupped her face in both hands, kissing her nose tip, to which she giggled like an innocent child. He placed a peck on her lips, staying there for some moment.

"Thank you, now please enjoy your meal, Sir. I have roasted chicken, and sweet chilli baby corn, with a I don't know what it is, but let's just assume some version of cup cake."

Ranvijay couldn't help but burst out in full blown laughter. "But how did you bake? We don't have a microwave yet."

"Hu hu, magic, areeh, I baked it in a pressure cooker using salt. I searched it up on YouTube. " she said proudly. "Let's have a sit and enjoy. "

She fed him a bit of chicken, and he moaned at the taste, "mmhmm..it's really tasty!"

"Yes,!!" She threw up her hands, "I slow cooked it!"

"It's really good, have some," this time he offered her some bite.

Soon the food vanished into thin air, all that was left were them. Niharika was leaning her head on his shoulder, and he secured her with his hands; both looking at the sky above, gazing at the stars. For them, even silence was comfortable. Silence was more things spoken than words.

"You know, Ju, I have always dreamt of spending my time like this with my husband. Thank you for fulfilling my childish dreams, even though you have no meaning of this in your heart. You, loving me enough, to bare with this things, means a lot to me." Niharika slowly confessed.

Ranvijay was at loss of words, but he felt relieved though. That he was able to give her the happiness, she deserved.

After a long pause, suddenly something crossed his mind, "Hey, what's Ju? You have said that three times already. "

She giggled, "That's a nickname."

"Heh, Ju? How come?" He asked her confused.

"You know, Ranvijay, Ranvijayu, Ju... like that." She tried to make him understand. But, he deadass remarked, "That doesn't make sense."

She lifted her head, showing him her fake angry face, " It doesn't need to make sense to you. It makes sense to me, and that's enough."

She puffed her cheeks like a comical angry bird. Ranvijay pecked her lips again, melting away all her anger. "Let's go to sleep now!" He suggested.

"My legs are aching..." Niharika said in a mischievous tone.

He too mischievously replied, "I see." And then lifted her in bridal style carrying her into their bed room.

This is short update. Sorry, I will come back as soon as my exams are over.