And I tell you!

Ranvijay was waiting outside their home, reconsidering fleeing back to his office or ringing the bell. "No, Ranvijay, you vexed your wife, now you have to appease her. Or kiss my ass good bye. Urghh stop singing, this a serious situation, fuck you insta. No, she won't eat you whole, even if she does that, isn't it kinky? What the heck, Ranvijay focus on the work in hand. Whatever it is, your wife is yours, so deal with it." After the little pep talk, he huffed and finally ring the bell.

After sometime, Niharika opened it, wearing her pink pajamas. At first Niharika was happy to see him again at her doorstep, but she quickly masked it, asking, "What are you doing here?"

"Will you let me in or not?" Ranvijay replied with the same annoyance she asked the question.

"Why? Go and live where you've been this past week!"

"You want me to go back to my office again?"

"Why your lovely brother didn't let you share his roof?"

"Sorry na, let me enter. See, I even brought your favorite shawarma roll from your favorite restaurant, chicken momo, and even Thumsup!" Ranvijay wiggled the packet in his hand.

Niharika crossed her hands, glaring him, "Okay only because I am hungry."

Ranvijay smiled. "No need to smile, I won't let you sleep in the bedroom!"

Ranvijay still smiled, "It's okay, I will crash the couch till your anger melts."

"Okay," she shrugged her shoulders, "suit yourself."

She started munching on the shawarma taking it out, without bothering about a plate, while Ranvijay came and crashed on the couch, heaving a large sigh. "Finally, home."

Niharika checked the packet, "You didn't bring yours."

Ranvijay replied unbuttoning his shirt, "Nyaah, you eat. I am sick of ordered food, I am not hungry. You eat and sleep, I don't wanna eat anything. I am allowed to use the bathroom right?" He mocked a bit. Niharika just nodded and he went on his way to get fresh.

Somehow, this concerned Niharika. "How can I forget, he hates eating outside repeatedly!"

She quickly stuffed another bite and started cooking some rice, daal and potato fry. Since she was alone these days, she didn't cook.

Ranvijay took a bit more time than usual, finally getting his own washroom, giving Niharika enough time to cook the rice and fry the potatoes. She was just stirring daal, while Ranvijay came out of the bathroom in his casual pajamas.

The fragrance of just cooked basmati rice hit his nose, almost immediately working up his appetite.

He entered the living room only to find Niharika keeping his plate of food on the table in front of the couch. She didn't speak a word, and was about to enter the bedroom passing Ranvijay, when he caught his wrist, bringing her closer and hugging her tightly.

Niharika didn't hug back, although, she was slowly losing the extravagance of her wrath. She was angry on him for more than one reason, and he can't have his way with just only her favorite food or just by hugging her.

No matter how much she was itching to hug him back and beat him into pulp, complaining about her stupid husband, who didn't came to mollify her for a whole long week!

Ranvijay hugged her some more, hiding his face more into her neck. "Hug me back, please, Niharika," Ranvijay almost whispered into her skin, "I am ready to do anything, but please don't ignore me."

Niharika couldn't hold back anymore. She slightly held him, "I am still angry."

"Hmmm..."

"You are still sleeping on the couch."