The Date and the Interruption

The Sun was yet to rise. The surroundings were covered with a blanket of mist. The stars were shining lazily on their night bed.

And, the moon? The moon was smiling like a tease looking at the couple walking hand in hand among the empty streets. A soft smile tugging at their lips.

Niharika hugged Ranvijay's arm, and looked at him with a soft gaze, while Ranvijay was looking forward. To her, he was looking even more ethereal in the moon light.

Ranvijay felt her gaze and looked at her. How can this girl look at me like I am the best creation. Something about her gaze gives me a confidence I never had. He thought to himself. But a part of him was scared. Scared, what if she gets tired. What if someone else replace him in her heart? What if she gets what she truely deserves and he is left alone in his world of misery once again?

"You know, I never believed in love at first sight. But, when I saw you, I couldn't stop myself from escaping the butterflies I had." Her words brought him out of his reverie.

"When I couldn't find you earlier, it felt like I was about to lose my breath too." Her confession made him stop in his tracks.

He couldn't thank her enough for always expressing her feelings so openly, but also felt guilty about not doing the same. So he just hugged her.

"Let's go to the nearby park and wait till sunrise."

He nodded at her suggestion and they went to the park and sat on a bench. No words spoken. Faint bird calls, a sweet night smell, a misty weather jacketed them. She leaned her head on his shoulder, hugging his arm. He too kept his head on hers getting comfortable.

Soon, the sun rose, spreading its gentle red embers along half lit dark blue sky. They returned home after that. How two hours passed just like that sitting on the bench, they didn't realize, nor they wanted to. Both of them at peace although sleep deprived.

"I will make some coffee."

Ranvijay nodded smiling. What witch craft does she do to read my mind?

She was taking out milk from refrigerator when her eyes fell on her husband, unbuttoning his shirt. Somehow, she couldn't take her eyes off from his chest.

What are you thinking Niharika! Get your mind straight. Her conscience scolded her. She quickly averted her eyes with pink blushed cheeks. But to her dismay, her husband noticed it all and thought to tease her some more.

He went beside her, acting like he was observing what she was doing while unbuttoning some more buttons. Niharika couldn't help but see him through her side eyes.

"Why did you stop? Are you checking me out?" Ranvijay asked shamelessly.

Niharika was flustered getting caught, so she stammered, "W-why are you-u even stripping here? Go to the roo-m."

"This is my house, I am undressing in front of my wife. What's the problem? It's not like you won't see me naked someday."

Niharika was stunned. "Woaah, how shameless can you be!"

"You wanna see a demo?" Ranvijay asked smirking.
"W-w-what-t?" She stuttered.

Ranvijay took his shirt off in the blink of an eye, leaving Niharika wide eyed and shocked. It was her first time seeing her husband shirtless. The spoon dropped from her hand.

She looked down being shy, and tried to focus on the spoon again, when Ranvijay took a step closer, and grabbed her by the waist. Oh how much he loves to do that. Niharika was looking anywhere but him. He lifted her face by her chin looking in to her eyes. He shifted his gaze from her eyes to her lips and leaned in. She closed her eyes, to meet his lips.

Ding dong.

But before they could kiss, the sound of door bell disturbed them. Ranvijay cursed at who ever was at the door, making Niharika chuckle.

"Please, wear your shirt, I will see the door."
"Why?"
"What,why?"
"Why should I wear my shirt?"

The doorbell rang again.
"Because you're mine to see only." Niharika fled away giving a sudden peck on his lips.

To which Ranvijay only smiled. This girl. Wearing his shirt, he went to see who came this early in the morning to disrupt his romance.

The scene in front of him almost made him shocked. Niharika was hugging another girl tightly in a bear hug.

Niharika introduced her to him, "meet my bestie, Sunaina. Sunaina, this is my husband."

Ranvijay smiled at Sunaina, thinking to himself, so she is that girl who bashed me earlier. A glare from Sunaina confirmed his suspicion.

"Gullu, you sit, I will bring coffee."
"Sure."

Ranvijay too was about to escape when Sunaina stopped him. "I need to talk to you."

Ranvijay nodded.
-Do you love her?
- What?
- What do you think of yourself?
- Excuse me?
- What do you think you are doing? You are just hurting my friend. If it was possible, I would have taken her away from here long ago. Which husband forgets his annieversary? Is she so less important? Why don't you treat your wife right? She deserves the world and here you are ignoring according her to your whim! How dare you!
- Says someone who is herself single.
- Bish, atleast I know how to treat her right. You can't even fulfill her small wishes!

Sunaina's words infuriated him.
- How dare you? How I behave with my wife, is her problem! She stays with me or not is her decision. Don't even dare to try to separate her from me. You don't know me.
- And you don't know me. She isn't a bestfriend to me only. She is more like my sister. The day when I see, she has wasted her tears for you, it will be the day when I will personally escort you out of her life.
- You mind ....

Niharika chimed in, "Here comes the coffee. Sunu, I have your favorite cookies too."

Both Ranvijay and Sunaina shut up like fighting siblings stopping when their mothers walk in.

"Why are you this early?" Ranvijay asked sassily.
"Can't I come to visit my friend?" Countered Sunaina.
"Of course you can," intervened Niharika. "I have lots of things to share with you!" Someone was seething in jealousy hearing this. Don't you share everything with me! not even an hour this nuisance came over here and my wife is not mine! She has changed.

"Sure let's go out today! You can also help me find a good stay." Sunaina said.
"Why, stay at my place. How many days are you here?" Niharika asked.
"10 days before company arranges me an apartment. "

"Stay here then, it would be fun." Niharika said happily, looking at Ranvijay for permission. He couldn't hurt his smiling wife by denying, so he simply nodded.

Sunaina gave a nasty challenging smile towards Ranvijay hugging her friend, "It would be FUN."

Oh no. Oh no. No no. She is surely here to cause rampage. Why do I feel like she won't let me have my wife with peace.

Hahahaha. The game is on Mr. Ranvijay .... whatever. I shall venge the distress of my tortured innocent friend. Get ready to fight for your wife's attention, cause am gonna have that whole. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

_________________________________________________

yukinishizawa here's your treat bish 😭😭😭