Wildflowers over Roses.

Niharika POV.

I am a heavy sleeper, but constantly being squished between a literal toddler and a giant toddler, sleep is bound to become thin. So, my precious Sunday sleep got disturbed and now I have to go to the washroom.

Leaving the bed was literally a war. I would remove Parth, the big man will tighten his hold. And when I finally loosened his tight hold, the little crawled once again. What's with these boys! Urghhhhh.

Finally detangling myself, I ran to washroom. Finishing up my deed, when I returned to the room, I literally melted on spot seeing the site.
My cold as mountain husband was lying back, and securing Parth, who has somehow crawled up on his chest. Both of them are sleeping peacefully, just like two different flowers blooming in a single garden.

I carefully searched for my phone, and clicked their photos making sure the flash is off. He was looking so pure holding my nephew tight. I know he finds it difficult to adjust with new people. I have also seen him admire Parth silently. He is a man of few words.

My sister woke up and hugged me from behind. "Are you happy with your life? How does he keep you? Come let's talk."

I started telling her,

"He never talks but his actions speaks for him. If you ask him, if the dish was good he will just nod or say a small okay. He seldom says bad things. But if he likes the dish, he will eat more and if he doesn't like he will eat less.

Atleast he speaks with me now. He just answered in monosyllables for the first few months of our marriage. He has a habit of piling up his emotions, he seldom shows his weakness. No matter how much I try to confront him, he always shuts me out.

The first time I have seen him show emotions was after his business trip. I still don't know why he cried. I won't ask him too. He is trusting me slowly with his shortcomings and I love him for that.

I feel happy that he can release his anger on me now. Last month, it was a rough week for him. I could see it in his eyes. So, I just asked him, if something was bothering him, to which he replied,

-" Leave me alone, Niharika."
-"Why can't you share it with me? It will lessen your burdens. Atleast try?"
-"Why don't you understand! I have been like this, my whole life. My parents taught me to be like this. You can't expect me to turn all sweet and mushy like typical husbands just in a day. I am a human for God's sake. But I am trying. I have been on autopilot my entire life, it would take me some time to shed off my layers to you."

Honestly, I wasn't even surprised. I have seen his parents behave rubbish with him all the time. Not once, they called him with love. It was all either business or hatred. Nothing else. And I hate them for making my husband suffer. So I did what I thought was best. I kissed his forehead and assured him that I am more than happy to wait for him.

Well that led me to see his sweet side. He was guilty of lashing out on me. So, I discovered a box of burger, chicken and cheese sandwich, shawarma roll and a chocolate, waiting for me on the dining hall. Sweet.

But he can't say that in words right. So he gave a lame excuse of, "We had a party today, so I brought the extra." Like yes, a company of whole ass adults is giving their employees food packet like high schoolers.

Me being me, "Yeah, you're welcome. I wasn't even angry you know, but I appreciate this." My wide grin was enough to tell him that I didn't buy his lie, but I added, "Also they are grown ass adults, not some high schoolers, so you better consult me before arranging parties. Or your reputation will be ruined.... and just so you know, all of them are my favorites."